News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Toomer Assessment of Tyrod vs Jones

Started by Trench, October 17, 2023, 04:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

Please consider watching Amani Toomer's post game comments from 27:25-27:55.

https://www.giants.com/video/giants-postgame-live-takeaways-from-week-6-x9885

I think what Toomer says is reflective of what many have been attempting to articulate. In any event, it is another metric to utilize in the overall evaluation of the QB.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Trench on October 17, 2023, 04:17:41 PMPlease consider watching Amani Toomer's post game comments from 27:25-27:55.

I think what Toomer says is reflective of what many have been attempting to articulate. In any event, it is another metric to utilize in the overall evaluation of the QB.

Absolutely. Check out my All-22 notes on TT.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Giant Obsession

sorry, but FIVE years and the ball has to get out quicker for success tells me everything I need to know.

DC will gameplan for a running QB, ultimately in time it is his ability in the passing game that tells the story.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

madbadger

Quote from: Trench on October 17, 2023, 04:17:41 PMPlease consider watching Amani Toomer's post game comments from 27:25-27:55.

That Taylor led offense led to zero touchdowns and two goal line failures. Tell me again how the offense looked better under Taylor than Jones.

Uni

Quote from: madbadger on October 17, 2023, 09:39:07 PMThat Taylor led offense led to zero touchdowns and two goal line failures. Tell me again how the offense looked better under Taylor than Jones.
That he got to the goal line twice? Isn't that already better than Jones? Did Jones even cross midfield twice?

Jones always had these deficiencies, but some of them were covered up last season by regularly using Jones as a runner. That was easier done when they weren't really planning on bringing back Jones, but they pulled back on those plays when they gave him $40 mil AAV. And with that, Jones' singular edge evaporated. Without designed runs, Jones isn't as good a QB as Taylor

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on October 17, 2023, 09:39:07 PMThat Taylor led offense led to zero touchdowns and two goal line failures. Tell me again how the offense looked better under Taylor than Jones.

IMHO the point is more that he didn't look worse, despite being less than 1/7th the cost.

And the same can be said for his entire career versus Jones' entire career. In fact, if we want to split hairs, Taylor's looks a little better. And he has played for mediocre to bad teams for the most part.

True Blue

Mentioned it in anaother thread, but the fact people suddenly care about TDs when DJ is not involved is absolutely ironic

madbadger

Quote from: True Blue on October 17, 2023, 09:56:38 PMMentioned it in anaother thread, but the fact people suddenly care about TDs when DJ is not involved is absolutely ironic

When did I say that I don't care about touchdowns? You don't win football games without them.

madbadger

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 17, 2023, 09:55:50 PMIMHO the point is more that he didn't look worse, despite being less than 1/7th the cost.

And the same can be said for his entire career versus Jones' entire career. In fact, if we want to split hairs, Taylor's looks a little better. And he has played for mediocre to bad teams for the most part.

It's like arguing who's the taller midget. The franchise will never have the type of success we want with either, and yes Jones contract sucks.

Ed Vette

Interesting how Justin Pugh was praised for his efforts coming off of the couch and he did well considering but gave up two sacks and false starts yet... Tyrod Taylor's first start in two years and the critics come out that he didn't play well enough and blame him for the loss for calling an audible.

He played well for four quarters and thats twice as many quarters than Daniel Jones has played in five games this year.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on October 17, 2023, 10:06:08 PMIt's like arguing who's the taller midget is.  The franchise will never have the type of success we want with either, and yes Jones contract sucks.

Obviously I agree. I have been arguing that we need to draft a QB for weeks now (as well as put veterans who are not in our long term plans on the block).

madbadger

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 17, 2023, 10:58:49 PMObviously I agree. I have been arguing that we need to draft a QB for weeks now (as well as put veterans who are not in our long term plans on the block).

I know. That post was more for the people who read these threads and struggle with nuance.

Jaime

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 17, 2023, 10:23:51 PMHe played well for four quarters and thats twice as many quarters than Daniel Jones has played in five games this year.

A QB who played four quarters that culminated in 0 TD drives and made a game-altering, boneheaded audible that likely cost them the game did not play well.

MightyGiants

I listened to the whole video

They thought the line played well

They thought the receivers especially Hyatt played very well

They thought the return of Barkley was huge

They thought that Taylor played well but they faulted him for the bad play call he made that cost them vital points and momentum at the half.

Toomer thought Taylor got the ball out quick but he made it clear he wasn't comparing Taylor to Jones

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE