News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Ezeudu to IR

Started by MightyGiants, October 17, 2023, 06:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Ezeudu was getting his chops busted during the game about not toughing it out in the second half. Seems it was a more serious injury than people thought.

Ed Vette

Adding three if they elevate Pugh. One to two more moves coming.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 17, 2023, 06:57:45 PMEzeudu was getting his chops busted during the game about not toughing it out in the second half. Seems it was a more serious injury than people thought.

I busted his chops.  I never thought it was not serious injury.  I don't understand how a toe injury warrants a cart ride.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on October 17, 2023, 07:41:00 PMI busted his chops.  I never thought it was not serious injury.  I don't understand how a toe injury warrants a cart ride.

I agree. I think it's peculiar. Was it worse than a broken toe? I have broken my toe before and it was certainly not enjoyable but no cart was required. Maybe he has something worse than a broken toe but I'm not sure what toe injury that would be.

Sem

Broken or dislocated toe, torn tendon, whatever, it doesn't matter I'm sure it's painful. Why should he have to walk back in to get it x-rayed when there's a cart for that very reason.

madbadger

Quote from: Philosophers on October 17, 2023, 07:41:00 PMI busted his chops.  I never thought it was not serious injury.  I don't understand how a toe injury warrants a cart ride.

Rupture 3 or 4 of the four major ligaments attaching your big toe to your foot and go for a stroll. I bet no one here could make it more than ten feet. That is a really painful injury.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Sem on October 17, 2023, 08:15:19 PMBroken or dislocated toe, torn tendon, whatever, it doesn't matter I'm sure it's painful. Why should he have to walk back in to get it x-rayed when there's a cart for that very reason.

Nobody said he had to walk back.

madbadger

Quote from: Sem on October 17, 2023, 08:15:19 PMBroken or dislocated toe, torn tendon, whatever, it doesn't matter I'm sure it's painful. Why should he have to walk back in to get it x-rayed when there's a cart for that very reason.

Wife and I were watching Welcome to Wrexham and their goalie dislocated his wrist and was carried off on a stretcher. Wife rolled her eyes and said he's got two perfectly good legs. I will never dog an American football player for being taken off with an injury. When the cart comes out you know that player is in agony.

T200

Injuries cause distress to the body. There's no way to assess the internal damage done. Any type of movement can exacerbate the condition. Stress increases the heart rate and blood flow. Mobility should be limited as much as possible.

As tough as football players are, in almost every instance, if it looks like a player is injured, the first thing the refs and other players do is to tell that player to stay down and don't move. In EZ's case, he's over 300 pounds and carries all that weight on his feet. If he has a toe injury, I'm pretty sure that 💩 is painful. I'm curious to know what the specifics are.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 17, 2023, 06:57:45 PMEzeudu was getting his chops busted during the game about not toughing it out in the second half. Seems it was a more serious injury than people thought.

They haven't said, but it's likely turf toe.  While turf toe sounds pretty benign, here is a description:

Description
The term turf toe refers to an injury of any soft tissue structure in the plantar complex, such as the plantar plate or a collateral ligament. These injuries can vary in severity — from stretching of the soft tissue to partial tearing, and even total dislocation of the MTP joint.

To help plan treatment for turf toe, doctors grade the injuries from 1 to 3 — mild to severe.

Grade 1. The plantar complex has been stretched, causing pinpoint tenderness and slight swelling.
Grade 2. A partial tearing of the plantar complex causes more widespread tenderness, moderate swelling, and bruising. Movement of the toe is limited and painful.
Grade 3. The plantar complex is completely torn, causing severe tenderness, severe swelling, and bruising. It is difficult and painful to move the big toe.

MORE

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/turf-toe
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 17, 2023, 10:59:57 PMNobody said he had to walk back.

You sure about that? Several in the GT mocked him for taking the cart. We are such tough people sitting on our coaches while these guys smash into 300 pound men foe 3 straight hours.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on October 18, 2023, 09:27:31 AMYou sure about that? Several in the GT mocked him for taking the cart. We are such tough people sitting on our coaches while these guys smash into 300 pound men foe 3 straight hours.

Until the foot was X-rayed, it would have been medically negligent to have him walk back to the trainer's room.  Even if there was no fracture, why make the man limp back?  At best you are subjecting him to needless pain, at worst you are making the injury worse and potentially causing him to miss more time.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

How a person manages pain says a lot about how far he is willing to go or endure.  Eze may be at one end of the spectrum.  Lawrence Taylor played the Saints in 1988 with torn ligaments in his shoulder and a detached pectoral muscle.  I see LT at the other end of the spectrum.

You win championships with players who endure.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on October 18, 2023, 09:27:31 AMYou sure about that? Several in the GT mocked him for taking the cart. We are such tough people sitting on our coaches while these guys smash into 300 pound men foe 3 straight hours.

I recall people criticizing him not returning over a toe injury in a close game after initially coming out. I don't recall specific mockery about the cart although I'm sure you're correct if you remember it.

I do think there should be at least some context around the game thread. People are agitated about the stress of the game and comments are more off the cuff. I'm not saying people should not or do not own what they say, because they clearly do, and obviously there are still lines that should not be crossed even in that thread, but I do think there is a contextual distinction between that thread and threads that come the next day or later.

So my comment above was more in reference to this thread than anything that someone said off the cuff on Sunday night in real time.