News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Ezeudu to IR

Started by MightyGiants, October 17, 2023, 06:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartanoman

Quote from: madbadger on October 17, 2023, 08:40:25 PMRupture 3 or 4 of the four major ligaments attaching your big toe to your foot and go for a stroll. I bet no one here could make it more than ten feet. That is a really painful injury.

It is! I've had both of my big toes smashed at separate times. Fractured, just an agonizing experience. Try putting a sneaker or shoe on and walk. The only blessing is when they healed, they were actually stronger than before. I was 12 and 14 when I broke one, and then the other. Soon after, I got into high school sports and went through the natural growth spurts of a teenager and it was never an issue after.

As for Ezeudu, his toes are put under a great deal of stress in bearing part of his weight and having to be agile requires movement of the ligaments which support his toes. It may seem odd that a big man can be taken down by a toe injury; however, the toe, a part of the foot, is a complex subsystem of the human body which is designed to handle heavy loads and absorb considerable stresses. But once it is pushed past its maximum capacity, and becomes injured, we seem surprised that such an injury can sideline an athlete for an extended period of time.

If any of you have had a traumatic injury to your lower leg, ankle, feet or toes, you understand how debilitating it can be.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)