News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

On a % basis Jones "owns" more than twice the pressures Taylor "owns"

Started by MightyGiants, October 19, 2023, 02:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

PFF charges certain pressures to the QB (I don't have more details on how this is determined).

To date, Jones is responsible for 19.7% of his pressures and Taylor only 7.7%

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

I'm guessing a "charged" pressure means PFF believes Jones had a read to which he could/should have already thrown the ball BEFORE the pressure occurred.  How they convince themselves that that criterion has been met is a mystery they haven't enunciated to subscribers. Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

T200

I don't think everything can/should be measured by numbers. My eyes tell me Taylor has a better feel for the pocket than Jones. It's ironic that Jones anticipates the rush getting to him but doesn't anticipate/throw his receivers open.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 19, 2023, 02:20:44 PMand the point is?

Jones is contributing to his pressure issues, at least according to PFF.  He has the 7th highest percentage of sacks attributed to a QB.  Interestingly, he was near the bottom last year with 8%. 

I tried to get more information on how they create this stat, but I came up short.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 19, 2023, 02:34:35 PMJones is contributing to his pressure issues, at least according to PFF.  He has the 7th highest percentage of sacks attributed to a QB.  Interestingly, he was near the bottom last year with 8%. 

I tried to get more information on how they create this stat, but I came up short.

Rich: At least your tried, which is more than I can say for myself. LOL
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 19, 2023, 02:34:35 PMJones is contributing to his pressure issues, at least according to PFF.  He has the 7th highest percentage of sacks attributed to a QB.  Interestingly, he was near the bottom last year with 8%. 

It's most interesting the difference between TY and LY. That's shocking. Something is wrong with him. Could it be they are asking him to do more and he can't process it?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Uni

He seems unaware of where the pressure is coming from pre-snap and zero pocket awareness to understand where the pressure is coming from post snap.

I still think the lack of called runs and sneaks and option runs, which kept the defense off balance last year, is making the offense more predictable and contributing to him getting smashed in the pocket. They didn't want to expose their $40mil man to injury by running him, so the irony is he got injured in the pocket on a sack he didn't see or feel coming.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 19, 2023, 03:06:17 PMIt's most interesting the difference between TY and LY. That's shocking. Something is wrong with him. Could it be they are asking him to do more and he can't process it?

That is one possibility
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

B1GBLUE

Quote from: T200 on October 19, 2023, 02:34:16 PMI don't think everything can/should be measured by numbers. My eyes tell me Taylor has a better feel for the pocket than Jones. It's ironic that Jones anticipates the rush getting to him but doesn't anticipate/throw his receivers open.

if he took the beating jones has took over the last couple years im sure he'd be more skittish too. jones needs to get his confidence back and sling that thing.