News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NYT "Connections" Game

Started by DaveBrown74, October 20, 2023, 10:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #139
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟪🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
New and second have common associations which threw me.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

bobalobabingbong

Connections
Puzzle #139
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Dan

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

DaveBrown74

Anytime you have the first two rows salted away with zero misses, you're feeling pretty good at that point. Still, I nearly blew this one.

Connections
Puzzle #140
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟪🟦🟦
🟪🟦🟦🟪
🟪🟦🟪🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #140
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Today's results

I recognized all 4 groups but I struggled with the more obscure definitions (plenty of you "missed by one")
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Connections
Puzzle #140
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

T200

Connections
Puzzle #141
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟨🟩
🟦🟨🟨🟩
🟦🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦

Just got lucky on the third group.

DaveBrown74

This one took me forever after coasting through the first two.

To be honest, the third one really shouldn't have been that difficult, but for whatever reason it gave me fits.

Connections
Puzzle #141
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟪🟦🟪
🟪🟦🟪🟦
🟦🟪🟪🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #141
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟩🟪🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
Tough one. I never would have guessed the last one if not by default.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

I truly suck at this  ~X(

Connections
Puzzle #141
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟪🟦🟪
🟦🟪🟦🟪
🟦🟦🟪🟪
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Today's victory is a tribute to being lucky rather than good

Connections
Puzzle #141
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟪
🟦🟦🟪🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

This game has made me reflect on just how many words have multiple definitions. I was looking for parts or pertaining to a bow or violin, and different types of alarms.

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 30, 2023, 09:31:45 AMThis game has made me reflect on just how many words have multiple definitions. I was looking for parts or pertaining to a bow or violin, and different types of alarms.

I was actually looking at *tail* as a lead word for FLASH, FEATHER, and WIND. Could match a 4th word with it so I had to abandon that grouping.

DaveBrown74

Wow. Absolute crash and burn. I was on to the right theme (the obvious one) but guessed the wrong combo twice so I gave up temporarily and then couldn't get the others. Brutal.

Connections
Puzzle #142
🟨🟨🟨🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟦
🟪🟦🟦🟩
🟪🟨🟨🟪

Jolly Blue Giant

Connections
Puzzle #142
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟦🟦