News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NYT "Connections" Game

Started by DaveBrown74, October 20, 2023, 10:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: T200 on November 29, 2023, 07:59:17 AMThank Ed!  :P  :P

I actually had a convo with someone offline yest talking about how it felt like the game has gotten easier recently. It's as if that guy called the NYT, told them what I said, and they got insulted haha.

Now I've got a chip on my shoulder for tomorrow!

T200

Connections
Puzzle #172
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟦🟩🟦
🟩🟦🟩🟦
🟩🟦🟩🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩

The green and blue categories were tough for me.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

The last two days for me have been all about either getting three obvious words that go together and not figuring out the fourth easily, or having there be more than four and struggling to eliminate one or two. After blowing up yesterday, today I got through it in the end, but it took some time.

Connections
Puzzle #172
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟩🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #172
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟩🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟦🟦
🟦🟩🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟩🟦
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Connections
Puzzle #173
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟦🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦

The yellow was obvious to me. The other three took a while.

DaveBrown74

A little trickier than average IMO.

Connections
Puzzle #173
🟩🟩🟦🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #173
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟦🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #174
🟩🟪🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟦🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Connections
Puzzle #174
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟩🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟪🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Disappointed I didn't get the purple on my own.

DaveBrown74

Gettable but again not the easiest.

Connections
Puzzle #174
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟪🟩
🟩🟩🟦🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪

T200

Connections
Puzzle #175
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

DaveBrown74

Inexcusable for me to not get the yellow one.

Connections
Puzzle #175
🟪🟨🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟨🟪🟩
🟩🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟨🟪🟨

Ed Vette

I busted too. Have to stop doing it right after midnight.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

In all fairness, the one I got last really probably should have been the least challenging one.

Connections
Puzzle #176
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟦🟦🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦