News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NYT "Connections" Game

Started by DaveBrown74, October 20, 2023, 10:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #186
🟪🟪🟩🟪
🟪🟪🟩🟪
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
The road less traveled
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Connections
Puzzle #186
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪

T200

Connections
Puzzle #187
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

Saved by far the easiest one for last today (don't ask):

Connections
Puzzle #187
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #187
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

This was up there among the most straightforward I've seen since starting this game.

Connections
Puzzle #188
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #188
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
Holy Cow, Batman!
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Is it my imagination, or is this game getting easier?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 16, 2023, 09:38:31 AMIs it my imagination, or is this game getting easier?

It seems to go in waves. There were a couple of pretty hard ones (I thought at least) in the past week or so on back to back days.

I would also add that, like any other skill, one tends to get better at it with practice.

T200

Connections
Puzzle #188
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #189
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Enjoyed this one

Connections
Puzzle #189
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

T200

Connections
Puzzle #189
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 17, 2023, 07:50:43 AMConnections
Puzzle #189
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
This makes twice in the past few days that you and I got them in the same order.  :surprise:

DaveBrown74

One thing I've started doing to make this exercise a bit more robust is even after I get the first three right, I try to make sure I know why the last four are connected before I just click all of them and submit them. Obviously either way you're still going to "win" the game, but I figure why short-change myself that part of the exercise, especially given the last one last is more often than not the trickiest one. To just hand yourself those last four when you have no clue why they're connected seems like short-changing yourself out of part of the mental workout, which is kind of the whole point of doing this.

Connections
Puzzle #190
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪