News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NYT "Connections" Game

Started by DaveBrown74, October 20, 2023, 10:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Barely squeaked by on this one. Thought I was toast.

Connections
Puzzle #199
🟩🟩🟪🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟪🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟪🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪

T200

Connections
Puzzle #200
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟦🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Had no clue on the purple.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

Connections
Puzzle #200
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟦🟪
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦

Had the purple category because I watched a movie recently where this subject matter came into play. So I was a little lucky on that one. Needed two guesses to get the fourth one though (I knew three).

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #200
🟦🟪🟦🟦
🟦🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

The blue one became clear to understand once I had the three others. Couldn't get it before that though. They do this type of thing a lot (today's blue) though. I should be more on the lookout for stuff like that.

Connections
Puzzle #201
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦

T200

Connections
Puzzle #201
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦

Ed Vette

This game has a way of pulling the wool over my eyes. Today I got purple first and tripped up on the simplicity.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #202
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟪🟪
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

I found this one to be harder than average.

Connections
Puzzle #202
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦

DaveBrown74

Another one that I found challenging.

The hardest ones of these are often the ones where there are six or so words that clearly fit. You know you have the right category but you don't know which ones to eliminate. The best strategy in those situations seems to be to just forget about that category and find another category. That will often take away one or even two of the six words of the other category, which helps out a lot. They definitely try to f--- with you with that trick though.

Connections
Puzzle #203
🟪🟩🟦🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟦🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

T200

Connections
Puzzle #203
🟪🟪🟦🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟨🟪
🟪🟦🟪🟪
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦

I'll post the next one in about 45 minutes! :laugh:

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #204
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

A lot more straightforward than the previous two days. Maybe they gave everyone a break today knowing people would be hungover.

Connections
Puzzle #204
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

T200

Connections
Puzzle #204
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨