News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Official Injury Status for Sunday

Started by MightyGiants, October 20, 2023, 02:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Is there any difference in how a team would prepare for Jones vs TT?
Who is getting the first team snaps to game prepare?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 20, 2023, 03:15:58 PMIs there any difference in how a team would prepare for Jones vs TT?
If they're prepping for Jones, they're going to stunt and get pressure up the middle. DBs will be jumping all short routes.

For Tyrod, they want to keep him in the pocket and disguise their coverages.

Since Jones is limited in practice, TT should be getting all the reps.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 20, 2023, 03:15:58 PMIs there any difference in how a team would prepare for Jones vs TT?

As I understand, the beat reporters leave the practice field before the team does anything other than unit drills and maybe some ST practice.  So, I don't think there is a credible report as to which QB was taking the first-string snaps.

That said, I expect Tyrod to be the starting QB.  For a QB to have a "no contact" designation in practice is a bit concerning.  After all, QBs are no contact to begin with.  So why the need for that designation?

As to preparing, the two QBs have similar skill sets, so I don't think there is much of a difference in terms of preparation.  If I was on the Commanders, I would prep for Tyrod since most of the team has faced Jones along with TT being the likely starter. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

beaugestus

Rich besides the limitations of the OL.

MightyGiants

I see DJ still hasn't been cleared for contact
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

afan56

I'm emotionally preparing for Devito!🫢