News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Have to give props to Glowinski

Started by MightyGiants, October 23, 2023, 11:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I called him out hard after the disaster against Dallas (that had the coaching staff bench him).  The man has redeemed himself

Jordan Raanan
@JordanRaanan
Nobody wants to say it but the key to the Giants offensive line settling a bit ... Mark Glowinski!

The veteran was benched after an awful Week 1. Since being forced back into the lineup b/c of injuries, he has a 97.0% pass block win rate over the last three games. That's ninth of 67 qualifying guards (Marcus McKethan is 67th).

Credit to Glowinski for turning it around. #Giants
9:02 AM · Oct 23, 2023
·
 Views

https://x.com/JordanRaanan/status/1716439874113282408?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

B1GBLUE

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 23, 2023, 11:03:31 AMI called him out hard after the disaster against Dallas (that had the coaching staff bench him).  The man has redeemed himself

Jordan Raanan
@JordanRaanan
Nobody wants to say it but the key to the Giants offensive line settling a bit ... Mark Glowinski!

The veteran was benched after an awful Week 1. Since being forced back into the lineup b/c of injuries, he has a 97.0% pass block win rate over the last three games. That's ninth of 67 qualifying guards (Marcus McKethan is 67th).

Credit to Glowinski for turning it around. #Giants
9:02 AM · Oct 23, 2023
·
 Views

https://x.com/JordanRaanan/status/1716439874113282408?s=20

Must be because taylor is playing qb.

Bob In PA

Next week (Jets) will tell us more about Glowinski... don't get too excited yet. LOL
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 23, 2023, 11:42:40 AMNext week (Jets) will tell us more about Glowinski... don't get too excited yet. LOL

If JMS and Thomas return, Glow could end up back on the bench.  I see the Giants' preferred line being

Thomas - Brederson - JMS - Pugh - Neal

Thomas - Pugh - JMS - Brederson - Neal

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

B1GBLUE

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 23, 2023, 11:47:48 AMIf JMS and Thomas return, Glow could end up back on the bench.  I see the Giants' preferred line being

Play the hot hand. he's probably been our best lineman over the last couple weeks.

MightyGiants

Quote from: B1GBLUE on October 23, 2023, 11:51:03 AMPlay the hot hand. he's probably been our best lineman over the last couple weeks.

So who do you bench to make room for Glow?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

B1GBLUE

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 23, 2023, 11:53:25 AMSo who do you bench to make room for Glow?

bredeson maybe? he's been ok but i think glow has been better.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 23, 2023, 11:47:48 AMIf JMS and Thomas return, Glow could end up back on the bench.  I see the Giants' preferred line being

Yeah Brederson has taken more reps in this offense at RG, so while I prefer him to stay at LG they'll likely put Pugh at LG and Brederson at RG.

Bob In PA

Rich: [Found a key mistake in the former version of this post, so I deleted it and re-posted it here\

You're probably right.

But consider... Pugh may be playing "underweight" right now for guard, so, again, not so fast.

The excellent thing about your speculation is... the actual line we see will probably provide a definitive answer to how the coaches view BOTH Pugh and Glowinski.

Bob

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 24, 2023, 12:44:51 PMRich: [Found a key mistake in the former version of this post, so I deleted it and re-posted it here\

You're probably right.

But consider... Pugh may be playing "underweight" right now for guard, so, again, not so fast.

The excellent thing about your speculation is... the actual line we see will probably provide a definitive answer to how the coaches view BOTH Pugh and Glowinski.

Bob

I am pretty sure I heard Pugh is playing at 280, so can Glowinski really be "underweight"?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 24, 2023, 02:01:22 PMI am pretty sure I heard Pugh is playing at 280, so can Glowinski really be "underweight"?
Rich: Sorry. I've been trying to say Pugh is underweight. Talk about senior moments! Bob

PS. My point .. Pugh was "retired" so maybe he was trying to lose (as he probably should if done with NFL) or just plain stopped trying to keep his weight up.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 24, 2023, 02:30:42 PMRich: Sorry. I've been trying to say Pugh is underweight. Talk about senior moments! Bob

I was listening to Geoff Schwartz on a podcast, and he felt if Pugh feels good at this weight, then he should be fine.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 24, 2023, 02:32:33 PMI was listening to Geoff Schwartz on a podcast, and he felt if Pugh feels good at this weight, then he should be fine.

Rich: Was Schwartz considering his weight "fine" as a guard, or as a backup tackle?  Bob

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 24, 2023, 02:33:41 PMRich: Was Schwartz considering him "fine" as a guard, or as a backup tackle?  Bob

At the time of the podcast, it was for the guard position (tackle wasn't even imagined).  It was mentioned that this was his weight before he got hurt in AZ.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE