News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Predictions for Jets game

Started by MightyGiants, October 28, 2023, 09:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Who wins?

How does the game play out?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Run Defense is a big key here. Wet conditions could make for a sloppy game.

Giants 17
Jets 13
In overtime, Jets get the ball first and kick a FG. Giants come back with a Saquon Barkley 42 yard TD run. His father gives him a tip of the cap with his Jets hat.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Giant Obsession

Jets 20  Giants 15
We will outgain the Jets and probably win the turnover battle.

Jets will smother Waller, making it incumbent for 2 things on offense to happen for a Giants W.

1.  Commit to the run, smashmouth style.  And I mean series after series regardless of the results.

2.  A quick short passing game ala Josh Allen getting rid of the ball in under 3 seconds.  This will allow Hyatt and Robinson to potentially do some YAC action.

On defense throw everything at their QB to hopefully incur mistakes and turnovers.  He is far from settled back there unless he gets comfortable.

I expect NONE of these actions to come to fruition thus my prediction.

Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

DaveBrown74

This is a really tough one for me. All week I've been leaning Jets, due very simply to their roster superiority plus a suspicion that this could be the game where the stage coach turns back into a pumpkin for TT, but yesterday and today I've come around to the idea of us winning. I think we have a big advantage at the head coaching position, and I also think Wink has our pass rush going (finally) and that's going to force mistakes from Zach Wilson. I know Wilson has played better, but he is still very mistake prone, whereas Taylor is a more efficient, safer player. So I feel like we have the QB edge and also the coaching edge in this game. Those are important factors for me and ones that are hard to ignore.

Jints 17-13.

4 Aces

I think the Giants win.

However, I've got to raise an eyebrow at Andrew Thomas still not being back. This is now the 2nd target return date he's missed. As an OL, he should not be out this long with a hamstring.

Either the injury has been terribly mismanaged, or he's milking it. I don't want to think that of Andrew Thomas, but he's a very rich man in year 1 of a lucrative longterm contract. Perfect conditions for sitting it out and prolonging the backend of your career.

Gman329

My fear isn't Tyrod's coach turning back into a pumpkin, as much as our reworked OL being exposed. Despite doing a decent job against Washington, this unit is still a glaring weakness and the Jets have the defensive front to make that painfully clear.  If I'm the Jets, I'm attacking this patchwork bunch with stunts, loops and sheer force and I'm not confident they hold up.
Jets win the field position game all day, cash in for two TDs and a couple of FGs.  20-10, Jets.  Giants get in the end zone once, after D gets a turnover. 

B1GBLUE

tough one. jets have a better d. crazy as it sounds we might have a better o. i think we come out of this one 13-10

andrew_nyGiants

This is a game of defensive touchdowns as both offenses are inept.

Unfortunately 2 for the Jests and 1. for us.

17-7 the bad guys. Another unwatchable nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!