News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Huge Game for Thibs

Started by Ed Vette, October 29, 2023, 04:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

We are a Qb and a few pieces away, seeing individual progress in players ie Thibs, JMS, Banks etc is honestly what we have to look forward to until we can get a captain to steer the ship. So yes please more of these threads, as that is what we should be doing. Younger guys getting better is what we as a fan base should strive for the rest of the season.

bamagiantfan

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 29, 2023, 06:55:29 PMThe game wasn't over and on the course for a win when I started the thread.

Thanks for posting the win probability ED. I was wondering about that. In my 60 years of watching the Giants I continue to be amazed at the creative ways they find to lose football games to teams wearing green uniforms.  ~X(
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

RelaxTension

Hugh mistake for Thibs also in a spot you have to be smarter then jumping offsides with 17 seconds left in the game.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 29, 2023, 04:08:49 PMBreakout game. Give him some love. He earned it.
Ed: No I won't. You know I defended Number 5 as "hard" as anyone here last week, but he personally lost the game.

In the NFL, one bad play can wipe out an entire day's worth of outstanding effort, and that's exactly what happened.

His off-sides penalty to start the final drive of regulation stopped the clock and gave Jets the ONE TIMEOUT they needed to travel far enough to tie the game. Inexcusable. It's as bad as being off-side on a game-winning field goal attempt which is missed, giving the opponent a second chance to make it from five yards nearer.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

sxdxca38

Kayvon is on pace for 18 sacks this year,  that is huge.

Also Micah Parsons currently only has 6, while Kayvon has 8.5.

The Giants drafted a good player

kartanoman

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 29, 2023, 06:55:29 PMThe game wasn't over and on the course for a win when I started the thread.

Hence my pandemonium posts. You cannot make these things up, sometimes.

If you lived the 1978 season, then this is about on par for the course.

Even I got suckered in that I wrote the game in for a win and Thibs the Defensive Player of the Week. I sat in the frozen stadium, in December 1978, when the plane flew over of the stadium, "15 Years of Lousy Football, We've Had Enough" banner attached to its rear. If that guy is still alive, he may be dusting that old banner off in preparation for deployment the next home game.

The booth announcers were right. That game felt like the old days.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Bob In PA

Quote from: RelaxTension on October 30, 2023, 07:53:00 AMHugh mistake for Thibs also in a spot you have to be smarter then jumping offsides with 17 seconds left in the game.

RT: By the way, we raised that issue at almost the same time. I left mine up because it raised a sub-issue. Bob

Bob In PA

Quote from: kartanoman on October 30, 2023, 08:50:16 AMHence my pandemonium posts. You cannot make these things up, sometimes.

If you lived the 1978 season, then this is about on par for the course.

Even I got suckered in that I wrote the game in for a win and Thibs the Defensive Player of the Week. I sat in the frozen stadium, in December 1978, when the plane flew over of the stadium, "15 Years of Lousy Football, We've Had Enough" banner attached to its rear. If that guy is still alive, he may be dusting that old banner off in preparation for deployment the next home game.

The booth announcers were right. That game felt like the old days.

Peace!

K-Man: I (for one) lived the 1978 season. It takes a team effort to win. It also takes team effort to lose a game as they did yesterday.  Bob

Gmo11

So if I'm to understand this correctly in a game when he was the most dominant force on the field providing numerous big plays in big spots. Sacks. Ending drives. All of that is erased because of an offsides penalty?

To those arguing that, do you think they would have even been within 2 TDs of the Jets let alone leading in that spot without him? Cause I don't.

He should be defensive player of the week and he deserves it. It's baffling. This kid is developing into the best pass rusher they've had since JPP and the poor guy just can't win.

zephirus

https://youtu.be/fYeSdO_lWnA?feature=shared&t=31

This game has got to be about more than winning.  Thibs had a great game.  We also lost and that sucks.  Those don't have to be mutually exclusive sentiments.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Gmo11 on October 30, 2023, 09:19:13 AMSo if I'm to understand this correctly in a game when he was the most dominant force on the field providing numerous big plays in big spots. Sacks. Ending drives. All of that is erased because of an offsides penalty?

To those arguing that, do you think they would have even been within 2 TDs of the Jets let alone leading in that spot without him? Cause I don't.

He should be defensive player of the week and he deserves it. It's baffling. This kid is developing into the best pass rusher they've had since JPP and the poor guy just can't win.

Gm: Strong points but committing a rookie penalty was not the way to wrap up an truly strong performance. Bob

Bob In PA

Quote from: zephirus on October 30, 2023, 09:19:35 AMhttps://youtu.be/fYeSdO_lWnA?feature=shared&t=31

This game has got to be about more than winning.  Thibs had a great game.  We also lost and that sucks.  Those don't have to be mutually exclusive sentiments.

Lee: If you visited last week the Thibodeaux post is full of my defending him.

He is one of my favorite players and I continue to (and still) see a path for him to the "Michael Strahan" level.

But a pro athlete doesn't make that mistake.  It's super-picky, to be sure, but that makes it no less true.

Bob

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 30, 2023, 07:56:43 AMEd: No I won't. You know I defended Number 5 as "hard" as anyone here last week, but he personally lost the game.

In the NFL, one bad play can wipe out an entire day's worth of outstanding effort, and that's exactly what happened.

His off-sides penalty to start the final drive of regulation stopped the clock and gave Jets the ONE TIMEOUT they needed to travel far enough to tie the game. Inexcusable. It's as bad as being off-side on a game-winning field goal attempt which is missed, giving the opponent a second chance to make it from five yards nearer.

Bob
Look at my time stamp Bob. Before the off sides. Although there was a couple of Jets players who were off the hook after that.

Gotta give credit to Zach Wilson who came up big to win the game.

Sometimes the other team just makes plays.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 30, 2023, 09:36:06 AMLook at my time stamp Bob. Before the off sides. Although there was a couple of Jets players who were off the hook after that.

Gotta give credit to Zach Wilson who came up big to win the game.

Sometimes the other team just makes plays.

Ed: I didn't notice the time stamp.  IMO it's worthwhile to laud his effort and I still believe in him strongly.

But tomorrow... not today.  LOL

In the long run, it was a TEAM loss, so his blunder wasn't the only boo-boo in a game full of incompetence.

Bob

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 30, 2023, 09:43:21 AMEd: I didn't notice the time stamp.  IMO it's worthwhile to laud his effort and I still believe in him strongly.

But tomorrow... not today.  LOL

In the long run, it was a TEAM loss, so his blunder wasn't the only boo-boo in a game full of incompetence.

Bob
It's important to note this was a breakout game for a player who started the season lacking effort and a reputation for being a narcissistic hot dog. He was all business yesterday. Let's hope he doesn't need a week of fan admonishment to motivate himself going forward. The game wasn't on him. It was on Schoen and Daboll and Kafka. How the xxxx can they go into a game with a gimpy kicker and a QB they have not prepared and had no confidence in?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin