News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Leonard Williams to the Seahawks

Started by jgrangers2, October 30, 2023, 02:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 01, 2023, 12:24:10 PMGm: IMO Shoen doesn't operate that way, IMO.

If a GM gets a reputation for being "easy" when the chips are down, he will get fewer and fewer decent offers. 

I'm not saying they had offers for other players, but if they did, and those offers were hoping to find a "fire sale" at Giants' headquarters, the GM's making low-ball offers learned that you either make the Giants (under Schoen) a respectable offer or you walk away empty handed.

Bob

Bob,

I was a little surprised Adoree was not traded. Not sure what CBs have gone down recently for teams with big aspirations, I know of one who is coming back.

I don't know much about Adoree the person or the teammate, but I think it's possible if they got an offer of a 6th or something in that area, they felt having him around the two rookie QBs was worth more than the pick.  Maybe that seems ridiculous to some, but if Adoree is a true professional (and I have not indication he is not) then teaching these rookies how to prepare is valuable thing that's hard to measure in terms of draft picks. 

Just a thought of one reason they might not have pulled the trigger with an offer of a late round pick.

kingm56

Matt,

I think three factors prevented Adoree from being traded:

1.   He sinks – He lost his job to 2x rookie CBs and has contributed nothing this season.  His atrocious 40 PFF rating is indicative of his play.
2.   He's injured...a lot – He's missed two games this season and has a robust injury history.
3.   Bad Return on investment – When you couple his bloated salary with factors 1 and 2, he represents a terrible RoI; also, he's not signed after 2024, so it's a 8 game rental, assuming he plays all 8 games.  I don't think there's a single team that's an Adoree Jackson away from competing in the SB. 

Bob In PA

Quote from: uconnjack8 on November 02, 2023, 07:53:55 AMBob,

I was a little surprised Adoree was not traded. Not sure what CBs have gone down recently for teams with big aspirations, I know of one who is coming back.

I don't know much about Adoree the person or the teammate, but I think it's possible if they got an offer of a 6th or something in that area, they felt having him around the two rookie QBs was worth more than the pick.  Maybe that seems ridiculous to some, but if Adoree is a true professional (and I have not indication he is not) then teaching these rookies how to prepare is valuable thing that's hard to measure in terms of draft picks. 

Just a thought of one reason they might not have pulled the trigger with an offer of a late round pick.

uconn: Great point. Anyway, Wink loves his corner backs and almost all his schemes rely on man-coverage.

So he can't afford to come up empty if there's an injury and he reaches into the grab-bag for a replacement.

One more thing, to change the subject: do you think there's any chance Schoen WAS shopping Jackson and couldn't even get an offer for a pick in 2024?  Far-fetched but it's the only other possibility we haven't considered.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!