News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Leonard Williams to the Seahawks

Started by jgrangers2, October 30, 2023, 02:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 30, 2023, 02:51:03 PMhttps://x.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1719064068550431052?s=20
Rich: IMO getting a 2nd- rather than a 3rd-rounder probably makes the expense worth the gain.

From the Seahawks' viewpoint it likely makes the price paid somewhat "defensible" especially to their fans.

So it was IMO a fair trade all around, I guess.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 30, 2023, 02:57:05 PMRich: IMO getting a 2nd- rather than a 3rd-rounder probably makes the expense worth the gain.

From the Seahawks' viewpoint it likely makes the price paid somewhat "defensible" especially to their fans.

So it was IMO a fair trade all around, I guess.

Bob

This year is a lost cause anyway--what would this cap space in 2023 get them? Better to just eat it (as they had planned to given expectations entering the season) and get a better pick.

uconnjack8

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on October 30, 2023, 02:55:59 PMWow. More compensation than I would have expected for sure. Where does the pendulum on Schoen hot-takes swing now?

My first thought.

katkavage

Bob In PA

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on October 30, 2023, 02:47:05 PMAs said... He was on the block. Expected.

Gordon: I get it, but Taylor remaining in the hospital may have been the actual catalyst. Just a wild guess. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

brownelvis54

Graet deal for the Giants. Joe dont stop here. More guys need to go
The KING is in the building

andrew_nyGiants

Worth eating the $$$ for a 2nd rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

brownelvis54

Quote from: katkavage on October 30, 2023, 03:00:44 PMNice. Keep adding draft picks.

We need picks badly. I believe we had 6 for 24 now we have 7.
The KING is in the building

Doc16LT56

Good luck in Seattle. I won't miss him.

Leonard Williams made more than $82 million over 61 games with the Giants. For that kind of money you should expect more dominant performances than the handful he actually delivered as a Giant.

Jclayton92

Barkley, Mckinney, and Adoree could bring in a haul big enough to allow us to navigate to get any Qb not named Williams if we want it. Including this Williams trade.

madbadger

The picks will come in handy if they want to move up in the first.

zephirus

Better make sure that 2nd round pick ends up being a starter...

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Giants obviously throwing in the towel. But this is a smart move, as Leo took a huge bite out of our cap each year and he's not going to be part of the team that brings the next Lombardi. Excellent return on investment. I suspect the Giants aren't through, and it looks like it's going to be a long-suffering season. I hope they groom the young guys and get them some valuable experience and find out what we got that has potential
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

babywhales

Williams was off the books at the end of the year, this is such a great deal.  To save 1 million and get a 2nd and 5th is outstanding. 

I wonder who is paying him the 5.9 mill he is owed in 2024??
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S