News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Leonard Williams to the Seahawks

Started by jgrangers2, October 30, 2023, 02:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

Nice assets to include in a package for a QB.

I'm not a collegiate expert so here's my question: is there a QB in this years draft worth of a top 1-3 pick?

Or do they use Dimes or another QB as a bridge and stockpile for 2025?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

MightyGiants

Bobby Skinner
@BobbySkinner_
Giants Draft Picks for next 2 years post Leonard Williams trade

2024:
1st
2nd
2nd (Seahawks)
3rd
4th
5th
6th

2025:
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
5th (Seahawks)
7th (Bills)
7th
3:28 PM · Oct 30, 2023
·
 Views
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on October 30, 2023, 03:36:41 PMNice assets to include in a package for a QB.

I'm not a collegiate expert so here's my question: is there a QB in this years draft worth of a top 1-3 pick?

Caleb Williams is QB1 and most would consider that to be clear.  After him there are at least 2 and maybe even 3 or 4 QBs that would have been graded better than Jones was the year he came out.  Whoever ends up with the #1 pick will almost certainly take Caleb Williams.  After that the Giants might look to move up to #2 or #3 in order to get one themselves if they have enough capital. 

kingm56

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on October 30, 2023, 03:17:58 PMGood luck in Seattle. I won't miss him.

Leonard Williams made more than $82 million over 61 games with the Giants. For that kind of money you should expect more dominant performances than the handful he actually delivered as a Giant.

Spot on, Doc; the LW trade has to be considered one of the worst in recent Giants history, as it directly contributed to Williams ridiculous salary.  Williams production failed to match his bloated salary; worse, his contract prevented us from acquiring quality Fee Agents.  The sooner we get rid Gettlmen era players, the sooner we can move out of the NFL basement. GREAT TRADE and I hope this is just the start.  Id like to see Barkley and Jackson moved too. 

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 30, 2023, 03:39:39 PMBobby Skinner
@BobbySkinner_
Giants Draft Picks for next 2 years post Leonard Williams trade

2024:
1st
2nd
2nd (Seahawks)
3rd
4th
5th
6th

2025:
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
5th (Seahawks)
7th (Bills)
7th
3:28 PM · Oct 30, 2023
·
 Views

Let's hope the total capital of this list grows substantially in the next 24 hours.

Gmo11

Quote from: kingm56 on October 30, 2023, 03:40:53 PMSpot on, Doc; the LW trade has to be considered one of the worst in recent Giants history, as it directly contributed to Williams ridiculous salary.  Williams production failed to match his bloated salary; worse, his contract prevented us from acquiring quality Fee Agents.  The sooner we get rid Gettlmen era players, the sooner we can move out of the NFL basement. GREAT TRADE and I hope this is just the start.  Id like to see Barkley and Jackson moved too.

And the worst part was....anybody with any sense could see it was a stupid trade the second it went down except our esteemed GM at the time.  Who of course knows more than everybody else by virtue of being the smartest man in every room he enters.  Good God was that a bad deal.

Bob In PA

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on October 30, 2023, 03:36:41 PMNice assets to include in a package for a QB.

andrew: That's what they used to call "The $64,000 Question."

IMO none of the QB's who were touted pre-season as "the next whoever" in the NFL has lived up to his billing.

Personally, I see no Peyton Manning or John Elway in the group at this time (but there are lots of games left).

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Bob In PA

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on October 30, 2023, 02:57:53 PMThis year is a lost cause anyway--what would this cap space in 2023 get them? Better to just eat it (as they had planned to given expectations entering the season) and get a better pick.

H-T: Re-posting this because the earlier response contained a major error:

First, apt use of the term "hot takes" in your other post. Was good for a chuckle.  Looks like @uconn also noticed.

Second, it's huge, IMO, because THEIR OWN 2nd-rounder is probably going to be a virtual 1st-rounder since IMO at least five or six teams every year pick a name out of a hat in the first round and they can used the Seahawks' 2nd-rounder to move up in the first round if deemed necessary.

Hate to be talking about this in OCTOBER but I just keep seeing the injuries piling up and... so be it.

Bob

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 30, 2023, 03:42:00 PMandrew: That's what they used to call "The $64,000 Question."

IMO none of the QB's who were touted pre-season as "the next whoever" in the NFL has lived up to his billing.

Personally, I see no Peyton Manning or John Elway in the group at this time (but there are lots of games left).

Bob
Yeah. After the Notre Dame & UTAH games I don't see how anyone could still consider Caleb Williams a #1 overall.

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

kingm56

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 30, 2023, 03:42:00 PMandrew: That's what they used to call "The $64,000 Question."

Bob

You're right, Bob; yet, the Giants can't continue on their current trajectory hoping for a different outcome.  If they end up with a top 6 pick, they should absolutely take another shot.

B1GBLUE

Honestly wouldnt have expected more than a 4th. this is a great deal for us. i think we have a good enough stable of tackles to make up for this.

Gman329

Quote from: babywhales on October 30, 2023, 03:30:20 PMWilliams was off the books at the end of the year, this is such a great deal.  To save 1 million and get a 2nd and 5th is outstanding.

I wonder who is paying him the 5.9 mill he is owed in 2024??

From the haul we got in return, I'm guessing we are.  If the Seahawks ate all the salary, the return would have been more like the 4th and/or 5th most if us expected. 

Bob In PA

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on October 30, 2023, 03:46:35 PMYeah. After the Notre Dame & UTAH games I don't see how anyone could still consider Caleb Williams a #1 overall.
Andrew: That guy has so far been the biggest disappointment to the vast majority of collegiate people. Bob

Philosophers

Now trade DJ to the Vikings to help with the Cousins injury.  Give him a better OL and we get more draft picks to build around a QB drafted next year.  We pick up a QB for rest of year.

Bob In PA

Quote from: kingm56 on October 30, 2023, 03:46:50 PMYou're right, Bob; yet, the Giants can't continue on their current trajectory hoping for a different outcome.  If they end up with a top 6 pick, they should absolutely take another shot.
king: I'm ok w/any pro-ready player being taken in the Top 10. There are several coming out. IMO, none are QB's.

My favorite still is M. Harrison, Jr. IMO he was pro-ready LAST YEAR and so far free fro any serious injury.

If Schoen thinks there's a QB who is one-year-away-from-pro-ready then I'm ok with using a top-10 pick.

Bob