News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Jamison Crowder yesterday vs. the Eagles

Started by Giant Obsession, October 30, 2023, 03:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giant Obsession

7 catches for 95 yards on 7 targets with 1 TD.

Washington is loaded with young WR talent and yet ......

Plus he is still a quality Punt Returner.

2 positions filled by ONE player.

I have serious concerns this regime can evaluate talent.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

PSUBeirut

I was all in on Crowder this year and really wished they had held onto him for exactly the reasons you list.  When he's healthy I think he's one of the best slot guys in the league.  Very shifty vet.

Giant Obsession

Quote from: PSUBeirut on October 30, 2023, 03:14:25 PMI was all in on Crowder this year and really wished they had held onto him for exactly the reasons you list.  When he's healthy I think he's one of the best slot guys in the league.  Very shifty vet.
He should be our #3 WR.  Hands down.

Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

MightyGiants

Quote from: Giant Obsession on October 30, 2023, 03:10:56 PM7 catches for 95 yards on 7 targets with 1 TD.

Washington is loaded with young WR talent and yet ......

Plus he is still a quality Punt Returner.

2 positions filled by ONE player.

I have serious concerns this regime can evaluate talent.

It seemed like Daboll and Schoen put their relationships with Shepard and Beasley ahead of the cold hard reality of what a player can offer a team (as you perfectly described Crowder).
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 30, 2023, 03:21:13 PMIt seemed like Daboll and Schoen put their relationships with Shepard and Beasley ahead of the cold hard reality of what a player can offer a team (as you perfectly described Crowder).
Rich: Also my take. That's how the Giants always have operated (mostly to their detriment, I think).

It's fine that they're nice guys, but I wonder if an even more apt explanation might be related to the fact that they've got the biggest sports media market and sell lots of hot dogs (meaning jerseys, TV viewers... all of it).

It would not surprise me if the approach has been (and will continue to be) applicable to Jones and Barkley.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

TDToomer

And Beasley wound of leaving anyways. But hey I think Parris Campbell is open for a 1.5 yard gain.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Shepard is amazing for the locker room though.

uconnjack8

spiderblue43

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 30, 2023, 03:21:13 PMIt seemed like Daboll and Schoen put their relationships with Shepard and Beasley ahead of the cold hard reality of what a player can offer a team (as you perfectly described Crowder).

Bingo  =D>