News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants cut their punt returner

Started by MightyGiants, October 30, 2023, 04:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloryDays

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 30, 2023, 04:51:21 PMYou can say that again. He was the best part of Special Teams yesterday.

What the hell has happened to this team's brass? where is their logic? was there a fight in the locker room? It looked like they made a good move trying to fill a glaring hole that they had failed to address before the season started; then the guy showed up and played well... then you reward him and the fans by cutting him?!!

andrew_nyGiants

I figured out what happened.

Our special teams suck so bad, this kid is ruining their whole identity by making them look better than they really are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

nb587

Still don't get how they let Crowder go and kept Shep.  I assumed they had a plan to use Shep extensively but clearly that was wrong.  I know he has a guaranteed contract but he seems to have become an expensive towel waver while Crowder would have been a serviceable WR who also would have been a reliable punt returner.

Ed Vette

Quote from: GloryDays on October 30, 2023, 09:46:46 PMWhat the hell has happened to this team's brass? where is their logic? was there a fight in the locker room? It looked like they made a good move trying to fill a glaring hole that they had failed to address before the season started; then the guy showed up and played well... then you reward him and the fans by cutting him?!!
Did you see the scene with McGaughey chewing him on the sidelines and the guy walked away from him. He was being told to get to the sideline with the ball as it looked. Seemed like it wasn't received well. Maybe it was me and I'm reading too much into it.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: nb587 on October 30, 2023, 09:51:15 PMStill don't get how they let Crowder go and kept Shep.  I assumed they had a plan to use Shep extensively but clearly that was wrong.  I know he has a guaranteed contract but he seems to have become an expensive towel waver while Crowder would have been a serviceable WR who also would have been a reliable punt returner.
What do they need receivers for anyway... lol
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Sem on October 30, 2023, 05:15:36 PMStill, this begs the question, if not him then who?
Put Kafka back there. When he muffs, they cut him.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

GloryDays

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 30, 2023, 09:54:48 PMDid you see the scene with McGaughey chewing him on the sidelines and the guy walked away from him. He was being told to get to the sideline with the ball as it looked. Seemed like it wasn't received well. Maybe it was me and I'm reading too much into it.
nO ED, i MISSED THAT, but with so many mistakes by everyone, you would cut a newly added player who apparently played well on the other snaps?!!

Stringer Bell

Quote from: GloryDays on October 30, 2023, 09:46:46 PMWhat the hell has happened to this team's brass? where is their logic? was there a fight in the locker room? It looked like they made a good move trying to fill a glaring hole that they had failed to address before the season started; then the guy showed up and played well... then you reward him and the fans by cutting him?!!

This is why fans should hold off on knee-jerk reactions, because they almost never have all the facts.

Gunnar was cut as a procedural move to make room on the roster for Devito, who was out of PS moves (whereas Gunnar was not).

They have every intention of signing him back to the PS and then elevating him for next week's game.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Stringer Bell on October 31, 2023, 05:09:32 PMThis is why fans should hold off on knee-jerk reactions, because they almost never have all the facts.

Gunnar was cut as a procedural move to make room on the roster for Devito, who was out of PS moves (whereas Gunnar was not).

They have every intention of signing him back to the PS and then elevating him for next week's game.
And who's taking Leo's roster spot?
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

GloryDays

Quote from: Stringer Bell on October 31, 2023, 05:09:32 PMThis is why fans should hold off on knee-jerk reactions, because they almost never have all the facts.

Let's see if you're right about that inside information .

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: GloryDays on October 31, 2023, 08:10:36 PMLet's see if you're right about that inside information .

If they do not do that then they are more dysfuntional than I thought

kartanoman

Well, it's Thursday. Any word from my Polish brother getting resigned? Beyond maddening if he doesn't come back!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Dumpster Dan

kartanoman

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)