News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Will Levis & his 4 TDs

Started by Fletch, October 31, 2023, 09:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

I am pretty sure this puts him ahead of Malik Wills on the depth chart.

Fletch

170+ Views and not one thought on Levis. He was out there for the taking on draft night.

DaveBrown74

He looked great in his first game. I wasn't watching, but the numbers speak for themselves. I'm looking forward to watching him tonight in a hostile environment against a tough defensive front.

Dgoodmantrublu

I'll watch him more closely tonight. Wasn't high on him coming out of college, but did think he'd be drafted higher.

Philosophers

Guys, one game sample?

Let's judge after a season.

Happy for him though.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on November 02, 2023, 01:05:20 PMGuys, one game sample?

Let's judge after a season.

Happy for him though.

I was drawing no conclusions whatsoever. Just said I'm interested in seeing him play.

Jclayton92

4 tds is nice but it was only 238 yards. It's a very Will Levis thing to do, he looks like a superstar one game and then a bum that turns it over repetitively the next game. Hence why he lasted until the 2nd round and multiple Qbs were taken before him including a guy that barely threw the football in college.

goNets

From what I recall of the highlights, he had time and open receivers.

Philosophers

Against the Steelers, back to earth for the young man

kingm56

Quote from: Philosophers on November 03, 2023, 01:52:37 AMAgainst the Steelers, back to earth for the young man

22-39-262 in just your second start, against a good defense, with limited offensive weapons, is a positive sign.  The 1 int was a desperation throw into the end-zone with no time remaining; while it's not a 4 TD performance, it's still a solid outing.  Heck, it's a rare event when our QBs eclipses 250 yards. 

DaveBrown74

I watched a decent bit of the game and didn't think Levis looked that bad. I would argue he was better than the box score. Obviously he didn't have a great game, but he did look like someone with the makings of being a pro QB to me. I'm not making any big predictions on him at all though. I think he has a chance to be solid, but it's totally possible he might not be. I really don't know yet or have any sort of strong view.

But under the circumstances I thought he played ok for most of that game. For box score-looking folks who didn't actually watch the game, his box score was actually solid for much of the game. No turnovers and a YPA above 8 for the majority of the game. Obviously he was far from perfect, but he was getting plenty of heat from Watt and Highsmith last night. I thought it was kind of a mixed performance and under the circumstances I wouldn't say it was bad.