News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants add QB Matt Barkley to PS

Started by MightyGiants, October 31, 2023, 04:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

So a backup QB competition. Spent three years in Buffalo and out of the league two and a half years so don't get so excited thinking he knows the Offense. Had six starts in Chicago where he sucked xxxx. Not the best option out there and if Tommy can't beat this hack out, he doesn't belong in the league either.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Should have been Bryce Perkins, at least if he gets in there he can run, move in the pocket, and kid has an arm. He's young and electric which is the opposite of Barkley.

https://youtu.be/veJ8PnLApf4?si=lJ4JIKmmIHQDDYdw

madbadger

Barkley's career stats are horrible. I get why they signed him but IMHO he isn't much of any improvement over DeVito.

bamagiantfan

I'll treat Barkley the way I look at all backup QBs for the Giants. I hope he never sees the field.

It might be fun listening to Bob Papa call the game though, "Barkley is the lone setback. Barkley hands off to Barkley, who pitches it back to Barkley. Its a flea flicker....."  :laugh:
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

kingm56

Wow...if this doesn't make you keenly aware of the current QB play in the NFL, I don't know what will.  Hard to believe it's come to this...

Painter

Signing another Barkley, another ex-Bills is, for better or worse, what I actually expected them to do. That leaves me to wonder whether Daboll/Kafka will now make time an effort to not have to leave DeVito on the dung heap again, should it become necessary, while they run the other Barkley more than 40 times should they happen to not go 3 and Out on every possession.

Cheers!

MightyGiants

My thoughts are- not many teams can win games with their third string QB.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

H-Town G-Fan

It's (necessary) depth and once Tyrod is back he's gone.