News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants' leaders 'not really being heard,' Xavier McKinney says

Started by MightyGiants, November 06, 2023, 08:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just_jimmy

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 06, 2023, 09:39:22 AMThe problem I have with this is he went public and that's a Tiki.
Maybe he's tried to keep it in house. It sounds like they feel they're not being listened too...

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

MightyGiants

Ryan Dunleavy
@rydunleavy
I asked co-captain #Giants Andrew Thomas about these comments from Xavier McKinney.

"I don't know exactly where he is coming from or where he is feeling that, but me, personally, I think we do a good job being able to communicate with the staff on anything that we need. Any frustrations or whatever or any questions we have, I feel like they are pretty open."

Thomas is on offensive side, McKinney is on defensive side, but all are in Friday captains' meeting.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

madbadger

Leaders lead not by words but by example. Stop blaming others for your failures. I'm not saying that Daboll is perfect or a great coach but I'm tired of players who don't lead crying about not being able to lead. Give me a break.

DaveBrown74

I feel like McKinney is neither good enough nor has he been available enough in his first three years to be publicly dishing out this type of criticism. Really rubs me the wrong way.

uconnjack8

Quote from: TDToomer on November 06, 2023, 11:24:24 AMThere was no guarantee that Reese would have extended him. Shawn Williams was on a similar path. So there is bad injury luck with some of these safeties not being retained but mostly it seems like Safety is never a priority or a position to allocate salary cap to whether it's Young, Accorsi, Reese or Gettleman running the show. Hell George young let both Myron Guyton and Greg Jackson go in the same offseason once in 94!

TBH, I don't remember Shawn Williams on the same path as Phillips who was perfect in the defense he was playing in.

TDToomer

Quote from: uconnjack8 on November 06, 2023, 01:20:40 PMTBH, I don't remember Shawn Williams on the same path as Phillips who was perfect in the defense he was playing in.

More of the fact that they both were late first round picks expected to be franchise cornerstones. Both started in a Super Bowl.

Looks like I found my answer. Shawn Williams was resigned to a 2nd contract prior to the 2002 season and played 4 more seasons, though was mostly injured and not a starter at the end. In total he played 8 seasons with the GMEN and 1 final season with the Panthers. Decent career.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Woody

I know he went public with it but he
May have a valid complaint.
10 captains? Really. That absolutely showing no respect for the captains designation and what it is suppose to represent.
I was watching. NFL network this morning and Gerald Mcoy was subbing for someone and they were discussing the Pickens posts on twitter where he was complaining about targets or lack there of.
Tomlin blew it off as social media talk and said it was no big deal.
Mcoy said that Tomlin needs to realize that social media is the main way young people communicate these days and he should listen to his players complaints because that is the way  Pickens was communicate his thoughts to him....they feel it's the same as complaining in person to the coach...not like old days for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bob In PA

Quote from: uconnjack8 on November 06, 2023, 01:20:40 PMTBH, I don't remember Shawn Williams on the same path as Phillips who was perfect in the defense he was playing in.

uconn: My memory sucks but in this case it agrees with yours. Don't consider seppuku. lol 

PS. I decided to write seppuku, not hari-kari, with Painter in mind. He's feeling a bit down about the team. My hope is that he sees this and maybe cracks a grin.
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin