News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Somebody/Anybody

Started by Giant Obsession, November 06, 2023, 12:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giant Obsession

(with apologies to Todd Rungren) explain to me WHY Josh Dobbs was not acquired by the New York Giants last week  ??

A 6th round draft choice too expensive ??

His salary ??  Cut some dead wood if you have to.

This once again dysfunctional organization has driven me to eggnog addiction a month ahead of time.  AGAIN.

Our ability to judge football talent is off the charts (the bottom)

Can you say 2 - 15 Mr. Mara ??

Maybe we need more captains.  10 is obviously not enough.  Everyone knows the more captains you have the better your team must be.

Please I am begging to be enlightened.   Are we hoping for another Duke QB savior ??
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Giant Obsession on November 06, 2023, 12:21:29 PM(with apologies to Todd Rungren) explain to me WHY Josh Dobbs was not acquired by the New York Giants last week  ??

This once again dysfunctional organization has driven me to eggnog addiction a month ahead of time.  AGAIN.

Maybe we need more captains.  10 is obviously not enough.  Everyone knows the more captains you have the better your team must be.

Please I am begging to be enlightened.   Are we hoping for another Duke QB savior ??

In my opinion, they expected jones to hold it down through the end of the year. no one saw a torn acl coming. we got barkley who will be elevated this week most likely. and tyrod is back in 3 weeks if healthy. no need to waste precious draft capital for a guy who may or may not play.

Jolly Blue Giant

IMOFWIW...

Schoen and Daboll know this season is lost, and at the time they could have picked up Dobbs, we didn't need a 4th QB because DJ was coming back. They could not foresee that DJ would go down the first day he was back

The season is lost and there's no recovery with the team we have...even if we blew some of our draft stock on Dobbs. In hindsight, Dobbs had an incredible day yesterday, but that is not his M.O.

Schoen and Dabes are looking at the future and see a bigger picture than us fans. They are not "idiots at the helm". Have a little faith, but at the same time - don't join the betting sites and put hard-earned money on the Giants this year

I share you head-scratching need for 10 captains, but that is not why this team sucks this year
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Gmo11

Quote from: Giant Obsession on November 06, 2023, 12:21:29 PM(with apologies to Todd Rungren) explain to me WHY Josh Dobbs was not acquired by the New York Giants last week  ??

Why on earth would they have wanted him?  Which is not a knock on him.  Why on earth would they have wanted anybody?  They're not any good.  If Jones comes back and turns it all around that's great.  If he doesn't they're better off letting Devito continue to do what he does so they get into the Caleb Williams sweepstakes.  The only other trades they should have made at the deadline but didn't are to trade away Adoree Jackson and Saquon Barkley. 

Dgoodmantrublu

Trading any assets off in a lost season would be dumb. This season is lost. They should be building for the future. Not trading away picks.

MightyGiants

I was surprised the Cards traded him.  Perhaps Joe was not aware that Dobbs was even on the market.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 06, 2023, 01:02:14 PMI was surprised the Cards traded him.  Perhaps Joe was not aware that Dobbs was even on the market.

Cardinals have made it clear they're tanking for Caleb and Dobbs quite frankly was too good to be a part of the plan so they shipped his ass outta there.  They could be the Giants top competition for the right to select Caleb.

EDjohnst1981

They were expecting Jones to come back and stay healthy.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Gmo11 on November 06, 2023, 01:42:43 PMCardinals have made it clear they're tanking for Caleb and Dobbs quite frankly was too good to be a part of the plan so they shipped his ass outta there.  They could be the Giants top competition for the right to select Caleb.

Isn't Kyler close to coming back?

Even if they have decided they want to move on from Kyler, he is much better than whatever nobody they have out there at QB now. Having him back could mean they win a couple more games than we do.

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 06, 2023, 01:45:31 PMIsn't Kyler close to coming back?

Even if they have decided they want to move on from Kyler, he is much better than whatever nobody they have out there at QB now. Having him back could mean they win a couple more games than we do.

And he's playing for his future, either with the Cards or elsewhere. I think they'll win a couple of games.

Gmo11

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 06, 2023, 01:45:31 PMIsn't Kyler close to coming back?

As I understand it, they don't want to play him because they are going to cut him after the year but if he plays and gets hurt there's some weird clause in his contract that they have to pay him a bunch of money.  They want him gone but don't want to risk paying him that sum of money. 

GordonGekko80

Quote from: B1GBLUE on November 06, 2023, 12:37:45 PMIn my opinion, they expected jones to hold it down through the end of the year. no one saw a torn acl coming. we got barkley who will be elevated this week most likely. and tyrod is back in 3 weeks if healthy. no need to waste precious draft capital for a guy who may or may not play.

That's exactly the point. This could not have been foreseen. The neck injury has/had nothing to do with the ACL, nothing.

And making these statements in hindsight is always easy. Let's always keep in mind that the Coach and the GM need to decide BEFORE and not after the fact.

TDToomer

Why not give Colt McCoy a call? The Viking were interested in him but traded for Dobbs.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: TDToomer on November 06, 2023, 02:17:16 PMWhy not give Colt McCoy a call? The Viking were interested in him but traded for Dobbs.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him and Wentz in for a work out.

Uni

Quote from: Gmo11 on November 06, 2023, 01:53:04 PMAs I understand it, they don't want to play him because they are going to cut him after the year but if he plays and gets hurt there's some weird clause in his contract that they have to pay him a bunch of money.  They want him gone but don't want to risk paying him that sum of money. 

Will business considerations keep the Cardinals from playing Kyler Murray in 2023?

"if he suffers an injury this season and can't pass a physical by March, the Cardinals will be on the hook for his $37 million in 2024 (that's unavoidable at this point) and another $29.9 million in 2025. (Murray also has another $26.8 million in 2026 injury guarantees.)"