News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Is it me or does it seem like NYG playing in Dallas leads to injuries

Started by MightyGiants, November 13, 2023, 09:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

It seems like whenever the Giants play the Cowboys in Dallas, they better set up a MASH unit to handle all the injuries.   This game was no different.

QuoteEarlier in the game, left tackle Andrew Thomas, playing in his second game after missing seven contests with a hamstring injury suffered in Week 1, left the game with a knee injury but was able to return. During his absence, Justin Pugh moved to left tackle, and Marcus McKethan came in at left guard.

Outside linebacker Kayvon Thibodeaux was ruled out of the game with a concussion suffered in the third quarter. Cornerbacks Cor'Dale Flott (shoulder) and Deonte Banks (ankle) also exited the game in the third quarter.

Both Flott and Banks were initially listed as questionable to return. Flott was ruled out to start the fourth quarter.

Running back Saquon Barkley appeared to tweak his right ankle and was spotted getting it retaped on the sideline. The rookie wide receiver appeared to be dinged on quarterback Tommy DeVito's pass that was intended for him in the third quarter but was picked off.

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/gameday/giants-injuries-piling-up-as-cowboys-pile-on

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 13, 2023, 09:54:32 AMIt seems like whenever the Giants play the Cowboys in Dallas, they better set up a MASH unit to handle all the injuries.   This game was no different.

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/gameday/giants-injuries-piling-up-as-cowboys-pile-on

It does, but I suspect that has more to do with the Cowboys always ruthlessly beating our asses there and not anything specific about the turf or any other structural issue with the place.

It is very clear that the Cowboys get up to the play the Giants, pretty much every time. Nobody giggles more about decimating us than this team. They get off on bullying us. And they do it right up to the final buzzer too. Look at that play by that backup tackle that got him tossed at the end of the game. He was going all-out while we were dogging it and just waiting for the clock to run out. They love kicking our asses. And since we're so helpless, and since this is obviously a nastily physical sport, I'm not surprised if we get hurt in Dallas more than other venues.

ozzie

I don't think it has anything to do with the Cowboys, the Giants injury history is just awful. It doesn't matter who they play, they miss a ton of games to injury every season.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara