News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Assuming Schoen and Daboll are back, who would you fire?

Started by MightyGiants, November 13, 2023, 10:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Which coaches, front office, and support people would you show the door after the season?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 13, 2023, 10:05:21 AMWhich coaches, front office, and support people would you show the door after the season?

Daniel Jones.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Giant Jim

Quote from: Gmo11 on November 13, 2023, 10:09:09 AMDaniel Jones.
Yeah, he had a lot to do with yesterday's game and the Raider fiasco.

Gmo11

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 13, 2023, 10:11:01 AMThat adds another $22 million to his 2024 $47 million dollar cap hit.

That was tongue in cheek obviously.  He should be sent to the bench for the season though assuming the new QB is ready to go. I just hold him as responsible as anybody for the disaster of this season so some sort of repercussions should befall him.

JT39

Both coordinators would go IMO. I mean Bobby Johnson is as good as gone as well I would assume.

Schoen and Daboll both have a case to be fired, but if you are going to give them a chance at their OWN QB - he better be a difference maker and fast. Because another 3-4 win season wont save their jobs.

EDjohnst1981

O Line coach.

There's 2 first and a 2nd rounder on that line. I don't believe they are all rubbish. But even if are as bad with a new coach, it's unlikely to be any worse.

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: JT39 on November 13, 2023, 10:13:44 AMBoth coordinators would go IMO. I mean Bobby Johnson is as good as gone as well I would assume.

Schoen and Daboll both have a case to be fired, but if you are going to give them a chance at their OWN QB - he better be a difference maker and fast. Because another 3-4 win season wont save their jobs.

I get what you are saying with "their own QB" but ultimately, they have to own that horrific contract.

They can't be fully absolved. They didn't choose Jones. But they extended him. Which arguably, for the state of the franchise is a worse decision than drafting him.

T200

Kafka - Gone
Johnson - Gone
Medical staff - Gone
Parris Campbell - Gone
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Doc16LT56

It might be easier to list the staff who should be retained. I can't think of anyone who I think must be brought back.

Obviously you want Schoen to keep his front office hires. Any of the legacy guys can go.

New medical and training staffs.

I don't care if either of the coordinators are let go. I probably have more confidence in Wink than Kafka but Wink won't be effective without better players. We at least need new faces for the OL and specials I would think.

Obviously we need better players and it all starts there but someone has to be held accountable. You can't just let an entire coaching staff skate after a season like this.

JT39

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on November 13, 2023, 10:16:03 AMI get what you are saying with "their own QB" but ultimately, they have to own that horrific contract.

They can't be fully absolved. They didn't choose Jones. But they extended him. Which arguably, for the state of the franchise is a worse decision than drafting him.

The contract isnt a disaster people are making it out to be. Its a two year deal coming off a playoff year where we won a game. It is not crippling us in the roster build up. Besides - with this GM - maybe less money to spend is a good thing with the decisions he has made so far.

DaveBrown74

Rich,

Short of wanting to serve up an in-season head for the fans, I would reserve this decision for the end of the season. Assuming things don't change much from the current state of affairs, the people I would most strongly consider getting rid of would be:

Definites (or near-definites):

Ronnie Barnes plus any other medical/training staff I deemed to be not (or no longer) adding value after a meaningful investigation. This is a decade-long massive problem that isn't getting better. We need new leadership and new ideas in this group.

Thomas McGaughey: Our specials have not been good enough for an appreciable amount of time now.

Bobby Johnson: Clearly we could use a better O line coach. Can we try to get someone legit this time? I feel like we always have some hack in this role.

Other possibilities:

Kafka: Play-calling has been pretty unimaginative and risk-averse for my liking, although to be clear I think the dominant issue by far is talent. Still, if Kafka and Daboll aren't seeing eye to eye then a change here makes sense.

Wink: I like Wink, but it's possible we may just not have the right personnel for him to be at his best.

I don't really have a strong view further down the list, but I am sure there are a handful of supporting coaches who could be upgraded.

sooners56

Everyone can go including Dabs and Schoen. It can't get any worse with an all new regime. Giants aren't even competitive.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

DaveBrown74

For those who want to literally fire everyone:

You realize that that is effectively a big endorsement of Mara's ability to go out and hire a whole slew of better people to replace them, right? You'd be firing the 2022 NFL coach of the year and replacing him with whom, exactly? Who will the new GM be? Will any good candidates for either job want to work for a place that fires head coaches a year after they won coach of the year?

Jclayton92

Specials
Medical
Oline
DC

I would keep Kafka but have Daboll call plays.