News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Assuming Schoen and Daboll are back, who would you fire?

Started by MightyGiants, November 13, 2023, 10:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 13, 2023, 11:33:03 AMSpecials
Medical
Oline
DC

I would keep Kafka but have Daboll call plays.
Then what would be the need to have Kafka around? He already sits in the booth. It's like he's already not even there.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

ozzie

I said it in another thread and a few have said it already in this one....
The Giants need a completely new medical/training staff. The massive amount of injuries every season must stop. Show Barnes and his cronies the door.
Also, I would like a new O-line coach at the very least. How can EVERY offensive lineman they draft not named Thomas be SO bad? I understand missing on draft picks, but every one of them? I have to think coaching has something to do with it.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

MightyGiants

My list

1)  Ronnie Barnes and his cronies-  A decade-plus of being among the most injured teams speaks volumes

2) Thomas McGaughey- tired of specials teams being a liability rather than an asset

3)  Bobby Johnson-  No matter what it will cost, the Giants need to bring in a top-notch O-line coach

I would keep Wink for another season, and I am indifferent on Kafka (I don't know enough about the Daboll Kafka dynamic to have a solid opinion)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

madbadger

Bobby Johnson OL
Mike Groh WR
Thomas McGaughey ST
Chris Mara
Tim McDonnell
Ronnie Barnes
Mike Kafka OC

Pipe dream though. Three of them are bulletproof despite the utter incompetence.

Jclayton92

Quote from: T200 on November 13, 2023, 11:37:05 AMThen what would be the need to have Kafka around? He already sits in the booth. It's like he's already not even there.
I guess what I meant is that i am indifferent to Kafka because we don't know what he can do with a great Qb.

If I could make the decisions for our coordinators next year, I'd hire Brian Hartline away from OSU as the OC and Ejiro Evero from the Panthers for DC. I'd pay them whatever they wanted and call it a day.

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

T200

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 13, 2023, 04:14:59 PMI guess what I meant is that i am indifferent to Kafka because we don't know what he can do with a great Qb.

If I could make the decisions for our coordinators next year, I'd hire Brian Hartline away from OSU as the OC and Ejiro Evero from the Panthers for DC. I'd pay them whatever they wanted and call it a day.
I want coordinators who can make in-game adjustments. I want coordinators who can build a game plan around the strengths of his players.

I thought we had that in Kafka based on last season. This season he's been a ghost.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Dgoodmantrublu

Bobby Johnson and the special teams coach. I would consider changing defensive coordinators, but can be convinced either way.

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 13, 2023, 10:05:21 AMWhich coaches, front office, and support people would you show the door after the season?

Jaime

Ronnie Barns is here until either he dies, or The Mara's die :smug:

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jaime on November 14, 2023, 04:27:02 AMRonnie Barns is here until either he dies, or The Mara's die :smug:

Loyalty is an admirable human quality in general, but sometimes it can be misguided. Mara needs to be careful here. If Barnes is demonstrably incompetent (at least relative to the current norms in his field and not some 1980s version), and it can be reasonably demonstrated that said incompetence is directly leading to a dramatically disproportionate number of injuries and re-injuries on the Giants over an unquestionably large sample size, which is adversely impacting players' careers, I wonder if an embattled player or (more powerfully) larger group of players might try to sue one day.