News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dallas laying it on

Started by LennG, November 13, 2023, 12:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Just curious as to what others think about the way Dallas played this game, even when it was out of reach. Like having their second-string QB come in and basically continue the onslaught?

Even the announcers, who, I felt were so biased for Dallas, as they were basically swooning with anything that Dallas did, commented that as a rule of competition, you don't continue to score points when the game is so completely out of hand.

We all know McCarthy is a jerk, was he showing off for Jerrah?

I would say what goes around comes around, but in reality, we never  do this to anyone, even in our good eyars.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

EDjohnst1981

Get meaningful reps for your back-up, you don't know when you're gonna need him. It's good personnel management.

If we don't like, we should have stopped them.

T200

I had a few choice words in the game day thread about Dak and the teabagging commentators.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

If you're in the NFL, you're a big boy.  I have no problem with teams not reigning it in because of the score.  If the Giants didn't want the score run up on them, then they should have played harder and better.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 13, 2023, 12:49:38 PMIf you're in the NFL, you're a big boy.  I have no problem with teams not reigning it in because of the score.  If the Giants didn't want the score run up on them, then they should have played harder and better.

Couldn't agree more. I didn't hear any Giants fans criticizing the Giants for "running it up" against the Colts last year. I always think it's kind of a pathetic mentality (in any sport) when fans complain that their opponent blew them out by too much. Try stopping them from doing that if you have a problem with it. If you can't stop them, including their backups, then you should look within with your frustration, not at them. They're doing what they're paid to do. We're not. And we're still taking money from our fans. We're the problem, not them.

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on November 13, 2023, 12:40:56 PMJust curious as to what others think about the way Dallas played this game, even when it was out of reach. Like having their second-string QB come in and basically continue the onslaught?

Even the announcers, who, I felt were so biased for Dallas, as they were basically swooning with anything that Dallas did, commented that as a rule of competition, you don't continue to score points when the game is so completely out of hand.

I would say what goes around comes around, but in reality, we never  do this to anyone, even in our good eyars.
Teams will usually run the clock out. What was bad optics was all the cameras clicks and pan ins of them laughing it up on the sidelines. Yes, karma.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kingm56

It's the Cowboys, they'll get what's coming to them in the playoffs; phili is still much better. 

zephirus

This is a common complaint in college where scores often run really high and theres a much larger talent disparity, and frankly I don't think it has anything do with score.  Talented college teams often put in their backups when the game is out of reach, and the backups want meaningful time/reps to illustrate their talent.  They're often fresh, and the backups on many college elite teams are still way better than starters on lesser teams and continue to score.

I don't have any problem with what the Cowboys did.  They put their backups in at the appropriate time and the backups played better than our starters.  That is all.  The only time it's offensive is when it's done intentionally to embarrass the other team.  I didn't see any indication that was what Dallas was trying to do.

kartanoman

That whole whiney business is for individuals who never put the pads on, laced them up, and competed in sport in their lives. You get on that field, sometimes you get your back end handed to you. You take it, you learn from it, and you carry it with you so as to remember what it felt like so that you'll do better and not let it happen again.

Adversity can do one of two things to an athlete. Let's see what it does to this group.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

DaveBrown74

Quote from: kartanoman on November 13, 2023, 02:02:42 PMThat whole whiney business is for individuals who never put the pads on, laced them up, and competed in sport in their lives. You get on that field, sometimes you get your back end handed to you. You take it, you learn from it, and you carry it with you so as to remember what it felt like so that you'll do better and not let it happen again.

Adversity can do one of two things to an athlete. Let's see what it does to this group.

Peace!

Well we're a 10.5 point dog next week to the Commanders, who dumped veterans for picks and may be tanking themselves.

You'd think we'd at least be competitive in that game given we have beaten them already this year, but who knows. Maybe we're broken.

Bill Brown

When you play a man's game, you take a beating like a man. 

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Giant Jim

Even when Prescott was in, they were throwing down field with the big lead. At no point did they just run the ball to burn the clock. I've hated this team since day 1. Sore losers, sore winners throughout their history. They've always been more arrogant than even the Al Davis Raiders.

Leek21

Quote from: LennG on November 13, 2023, 12:40:56 PMJust curious as to what others think about the way Dallas played this game, even when it was out of reach. Like having their second-string QB come in and basically continue the onslaught?

This is not something we can complain about.
It is something we can remember.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Leek21 on November 13, 2023, 02:26:42 PMThis is not something we can complain about.
It is something we can remember.
Absolutely.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kartanoman

Quote from: Giant Jim on November 13, 2023, 02:24:36 PMEven when Prescott was in, they were throwing down field with the big lead. At no point did they just run the ball to burn the clock. I've hated this team since day 1. Sore losers, sore winners throughout their history. They've always been more arrogant than even the Al Davis Raiders.

This is where we'll see if Daboll has a long memory. Wellington Mara sure did. "It's nice to see arrogance humbled," he proudly gloated after his 1996 Giants disposed of the Cowboys in the old Giants Stadium.

The Giants' Victory Is Rated PG - Please Gloat

May the spirit of the old man touch his head coach and impart some wisdom in this difficult season.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)