News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Should the Giants make Mike Kafka coach on the sidelines?

Started by LennG, November 14, 2023, 02:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

They should make him available to other teams by letting him go.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Dumpster Dan

Buffalo OC Dorsey fired today---I remember talk that Daboll when he was hired by Giants that he wanted Dorsey to come with him  but Dorsey chose to stay in Buffalo.  Do you think there is any chance that Daboll will reach out?

Dumpster Dan

Ed Vette

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on November 14, 2023, 03:00:32 PMBuffalo OC Dorsey fired today---I remember talk that Daboll when he was hired by Giants that he wanted Dorsey to come with him  but Dorsey chose to stay in Buffalo.  Do you think there is any chance that Daboll will reach out?

Dumpster Dan
Interesting, Dan. My guess is he was fired for not being in touch with the flow of the game. They were racking up chunks of yardage on the ground and he continued to call passing plays on a night that Josh Allen was clearly off. It must have been a trend. But he was fired with the Bills scoring 26 points a game.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

Kafka needs to be on the sidelines. Outside of Kafka and Dorsey/his replacement how many OC's in the NFL call plays from the both instead of the sidelines? I can't remember any prior Giants play caller doing this.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Dgoodmantrublu

They should make him have a real QB. That is what will fix things. Blaming coaching for this mess makes no sense.

T200

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 14, 2023, 03:55:57 PMThey should make him have a real QB. That is what will fix things. Blaming coaching for this mess makes no sense.
Do you think Kafka has any culpability in this mess?

Dgoodmantrublu

None. Guys are open. The QB can't get them the ball. We are playing with a QB who doesn't belong in the NFL. When Taylor was playing those few games, the team moved the ball. This is not a coaching issue.

Quote from: T200 on November 14, 2023, 04:31:31 PMDo you think Kafka has any culpability in this mess?

T200

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 14, 2023, 04:57:39 PMNone. Guys are open. The QB can't get them the ball. We are playing with a QB who doesn't belong in the NFL. When Taylor was playing those few games, the team moved the ball. This is not a coaching issue.

That's just one aspect of the offense. Designing plays, calling plays, game planning, making offensive adjustments, pass and run blocking schemes, coaching, and training are not the responsibility of the QB. The list of things I just pointed out are the direct responsibility of the offensive coordinator. Replacing Daniel Jones does not instantly make this a top half of the league offense. There are more problems than just Danny Check-down.

Dgoodmantrublu

Watch the film. Adjustments are being made. Guys are getting open. If the QB can't operate the offense, no amount of coaching will try make it work. Blaming the coaching in this situation is just plain lazy.

Quote from: T200 on November 14, 2023, 05:06:32 PMThat's just one aspect of the offense. Designing plays, calling plays, game planning, making offensive adjustments, pass and run blocking schemes, coaching, and training are not the responsibility of the QB. The list of things I just pointed out are the direct responsibility of the offensive coordinator. Replacing Daniel Jones does not instantly make this a top half of the league offense. There are more problems than just Danny Check-down.

T200

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 14, 2023, 05:15:21 PMWatch the film. Adjustments are being made. Guys are getting open. If the QB can't operate the offense, no amount of coaching will try make it work. Blaming the coaching in this situation is just plain lazy.

Are you satisfied with the offense as-is with the obvious exception of Jones at QB?

DaveBrown74

I am interested in this general subject (sideline versus up above) when it comes to coordinators, but I don't really have a strong opinion either way, because I have seen multiple examples of both success and failure with both approaches. Seems to me there are advantages and disadvantages to each approach, which I think is pretty obvious, otherwise everyone would do one versus the other.

Do I really think our offense will suddenly get better if Kafka comes down to the sidelines? No, I don't. I remember hearing people talk about how great it was that we had our coordinator up high last year. With that said, I'm certainly not opposed to him trying if he and Daboll think it will work better.

LennG

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 14, 2023, 02:55:48 PMI said this a month ago, Lenn.

Thanks Ed. I was away at the time. I guess they didn't hear you.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE