News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

5 out of 32 Quarterbacks

Started by MightyGiants, November 15, 2023, 02:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

I don't root for injuries but I have little sympathy for Watson, the Browns or their fans and I am glad that blockbuster contract is blowing up in their faces.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on November 15, 2023, 05:10:50 PMI don't root for injuries but I have little sympathy for Watson, the Browns or their fans and I am glad that blockbuster contract is blowing up in their faces.

On the one hand you can say it's a bad contract, and that would seem to be true, but I'm not sure how bad off their fans are right now. Their team is 6-3 and has already won multiple games without Watson. Including winning in San Francisco.

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 15, 2023, 05:19:49 PMOn the one hand you can say it's a bad contract, and that would seem to be true, but I'm not sure how bad off their fans are right now. Their team is 6-3 and has already won multiple games without Watson. Including winning in San Francisco.

No titles since 1964. That's brutal for their fans.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

The price tag for second string QBs will appreciate but teams will also be looking to develop their own and that bodes well for those deeper in the draft. The ones who can't cut it will wind up on the street. Teams can't lose their starter and become non competitive. Just one loss can kick them out of playoff contention.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Make that 6 out of 32 with Burrow joining the group

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

It's a grueling and extremely dangerous sport, no doubt about it.

Thankfully nobody is forced to play it, nor are the risks unclear prior to putting the pads on.