News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Penalty free game

Started by LennG, November 20, 2023, 04:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Please don't tell me that all of a sudden, players decide not to hold, not to grab, not to do many things that they have done all year, in this game. But credit to the refs in this game who basically let them play. I, along with most here, really tire of yellow hankies all over the field on basically every play. We all agree holding CAN be called on every play. Again, the refs in this game, either wanted to go home early or decided not to call every little dink and dunk which IMVHO made for a great game flow.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Giant Jim

I don't mind holding being called when it affects the play, but when it's called across the field from a run and has no bearing on the play, it sucks. A lot of the minor motion, lining up in the neutral zone and some of the illegal formation calls help drag the game down.

I'd also like to see each team get a pass on 2 delay of game penalties if under 2 seconds in each game.

Bob In PA

Quote from: LennG on November 20, 2023, 04:13:04 PMPlease don't tell me that all of a sudden, players decide not to hold, not to grab, not to do many things that they have done all year, in this game. But credit to the refs in this game who basically let them play. I, along with most here, really tire of yellow hankies all over the field on basically every play. We all agree holding CAN be called on every play. Again, the refs in this game, either wanted to go home early or decided not to call every little dink and dunk which IMVHO made for a great game flow.

Lenn: .... or they knew almost no one was watching (because Fox chose the Cowboys over the Giants) and the refs just didn't want to waste their "on-air personal appearances" on so small an audience. lol
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!