News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Good to get a win but

Started by Quick Kick, November 19, 2023, 04:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quick Kick

Washington really lost the game more than we won it. What team has 9 sacks and loses? A team that drops passes and has 6 bad turnovers. Credit to our D for those fumbles and ints. AND Kudos to T. Divito for playing a good game He could develop into a solid back up with more time. A tough kid.  Kudos also to Lawrence, Tribidoux, and Barkley.

I gotta comment on the dumb play of Simmons who could have fallen on the fumble and effectively ended the game on Wash's last TD drive-instead he tried to pick it up and run and lost the ball.  Also on that last interception, it might have been smarter to just go down and cover up the ball and end the game rather than run for the endzone and risk a fumble.

Daboll called a smart timeout right before the snap to give his D a little rest on the last drive.

Good to get a meaningless win even if it cost us a higher draft pick.

DaveBrown74

Six turnovers really is ridiculous. I'd love to know how many times that a team has turned it over at least six times in an NFL game in the past, oh I don't know, 25 years. I'm sure it has happened, but I bet it's a very small number.

Philosophers

Great.  Meaningless win with a 3rd round QB

JT39

Today was a. Rey bad day for the Giants.

I watched the cards and bears games at the same time - they did everything in their power and successfully to lose their games

DaveBrown74

Those who would prefer not to have an opportunity to draft an elite QB prospect and who want to keep drafting O linemen in the top 10 and build the franchise around Daniel Jones for the next 8-10 years got a big step closer to that objective today.

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 19, 2023, 04:50:38 PMSix turnovers really is ridiculous. I'd love to know how many times that a team has turned it over at least six times in an NFL game in the past, oh I don't know, 25 years. I'm sure it has happened, but I bet it's a very small number.

22, actually.

In 2001, the Bears committed a record 12 turnovers against the 49ers when the two teams played.

The record, 12, is shared by two other teams. In 1983, Pittsburgh committed 12 turnovers against Seattle and, in 1971, the Browns committed 12 against the Colts.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Giant Jim

Great to get a win, no ifs, ands or buts. It's been a long season.

LennG

We won,

Why aren't I happy??????????????????

~X(  ~X(  ~X(  ~X(  ~X(  ~X(  ~X(  ~X(
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Quote from: LennG on November 19, 2023, 07:01:31 PMWe won,

Why aren't I happy??????????????????

~X(  ~X(  ~X(  ~X(  ~X(  ~X(  ~X(  ~X(

Because of this?

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

madbadger

Quote from: Quick Kick on November 19, 2023, 04:30:34 PMWashington really lost the game more than we won it. What team has 9 sacks and loses? A team that drops passes and has 6 bad turnovers. Credit to our D for those fumbles and ints. AND Kudos to T. Divito for playing a good game He could develop into a solid back up with more time. A tough kid.  Kudos also to Lawrence, Tribidoux, and Barkley.

I gotta comment on the dumb play of Simmons who could have fallen on the fumble and effectively ended the game on Wash's last TD drive-instead he tried to pick it up and run and lost the ball.  Also on that last interception, it might have been smarter to just go down and cover up the ball and end the game rather than run for the endzone and risk a fumble.

Daboll called a smart timeout right before the snap to give his D a little rest on the last drive.

Good to get a meaningless win even if it cost us a higher draft pick.

Only on this board would someone be critical of a pick six.

Doc16LT56

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 19, 2023, 04:50:38 PMSix turnovers really is ridiculous. I'd love to know how many times that a team has turned it over at least six times in an NFL game in the past, oh I don't know, 25 years. I'm sure it has happened, but I bet it's a very small number.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-combined-turnovers-in-an-nfl-game-since-2000

The 2000 Titans Browns game must've been wild. Steve McNair had 6 turnovers himself yet they somehow pulled the game out behind Eddie George.

Giant Obsession

Show me a person...or organization that wants to lose....

and I will show you a loser.

Is that who the New York Football Giants have become ??

If so, CLEAN HOUSE.

If not then get to work and get this team going right.

There are NO shortcuts to being a winner.

Tanking ???

Then you do not know the New York Giants or its heritage.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Fletch

Who is excited about winning games at this point? We are in last place -- not making the playoffs-- in need of a QB (I do not think anyone is arguing with me about that at this point any longer)-- and there are elite ones to be had in the draft. I mean good for Tommy but Tyrod already prroved that a QB can get this offense moving behinf that line. The fact an undrafted did it is just icing one the cake.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Fletch on November 19, 2023, 10:32:06 PMWho is excited about winning games at this point? We are in last place -- not making the playoffs-- in need of a QB (I do not think anyone is arguing with me about that at this point any longer)-- and there are elite ones to be had in the draft. I mean good for Tommy but Tyrod already prroved that a QB can get this offense moving behinf that line. The fact an undrafted did it is just icing one the cake.
Nobody argued with you to begin with, most just questioned your judgement in assuming Sam howell and Will Levis were somehow better than Jones when they are all clearly not good.

Dgoodmantrublu

Howell has played well against other teams. I'd definitely take him over Jones going forward. Jury is out on Levis