News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tommy Devito v. Commanders

Started by MightyGiants, November 20, 2023, 09:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Uni

The nine sacks were definitely not optimal, but the sacks didn't hurt the Giants as much as you would think. Three of the sacks were a second sack on the same drive, so there was only a slight dip in field position. One of the drives with a sack ended in a TD anyway. So ultimately, 5 sacks were real drive killers. And none of them were the kind of bone crushing, whiplash inducing kind of hit. As someone pointed out in the gameday thread, some of the sacks were a result of DeVito looking downfield instead of dumping to his checkdown (a couple should have been throwaways, but whatevs). Maybe we can live with sacks like that just like interceptions that are essentially punts. Maybe the net effect of looking and throwing downfield offsets the effects of sacks and INTs.

On to the Belichiks!

Ed Vette

Bobby slammed Tommy last week but this is good. Shows all the dropped passes and the interference that wasn't called. He should have had well over 300 yards.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on November 20, 2023, 09:41:35 AMhttps://x.com/nfloncbs/status/1726600327544328311?s=48&t=AA9Ptl-VPYK0JnuHE-oAWA

That is hilarious!

Tommy's Mother: Why don't you get yourself a nice girl?
Tommy DeVito: I get a nice one almost every night., Ma
Tommy's Mother: Yeah, but get yourself a girl so you could settle down.
Tommy DeVito: I settle down almost every night but then, in the morning, I'm free.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on November 20, 2023, 10:55:00 AMThat is hilarious!

Tommy's Mother: Why don't you get yourself a nice girl?
Tommy DeVito: I get a nice one almost every night., Ma
Tommy's Mother: Yeah, but get yourself a girl so you could settle down.
Tommy DeVito: I settle down almost every night but then, in the morning, I'm free.

Fantastic scene in what may have been my favorite movie of all time (certainly top 5).

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

B1GBLUE

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 20, 2023, 09:33:23 AMhttps://x.com/TalkinGiants/status/1726609350251446327?s=20

Beating the commanders isnt exactly a career defining thing, but the kid looks decent. he definitely doesnt have the panic factor. he took his lumps and just kept getting better. he made some REALLY nice touch throws. that throw to barkley in the endzone was beautiful. you actually cant do it any better. he hit slayton in the seam over a bunch of defenders. perfectly. again, its the commanders and its one game. but hey.. if he continues this type of play, especially against better teams, he is absolutely qb2 next year, and if jones comes back and stinks it up, who knows. maybe we have a hometown hero.