News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Micah McFadden

Started by MightyGiants, November 20, 2023, 09:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

He's clearly the surprise of the season. Both McFadden and Okereke might just be the best ILBs the Giants have had in a long time if we look at 3/4 Defenses.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Yeah I preached McFadden from the start and was quite surprised when the lower-drafted LB beat him out in year one.

I think I'm repeating myself but McFadden is a "mental game" guy more than a physical specimen.

That could explain it; it would mean it took a year for his strength to improve as a result of NFL training.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

EDjohnst1981

I really like him.

I was surprised how much flack he caught on this board early doors, especially in the Arizona game.

What a difference a couple of months make.

TDToomer

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on November 20, 2023, 10:37:42 AMI really like him.

I was surprised how much flack he caught on this board early doors, especially in the Arizona game.

What a difference a couple of months make.

Me too. He missed a tackle or 2 in a key spot but he was all over the field and at the ball almost every play. His development has been phenominal.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Gmo11

It's nice to have competent LB play for a change!  Even one would have been an improvement over recent years but 2??  Schoen is just spoiling us.

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 20, 2023, 10:31:00 AMYeah I preached McFadden from the start and was quite surprised when the lower-drafted LB beat him out in year one.

I think I'm repeating myself but McFadden is a "mental game" guy more than a physical specimen.

That could explain it; it would mean it took a year for his strength to improve as a result of NFL training.

Bob

I'm no expert, but could the arrival of Bobby Okereke have anything to do with it? Okereke appears to be a solid linebacker who now operates the defense. Might allow McFadden to play a little more freely.

MightyGiants

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on November 20, 2023, 11:06:26 AMI'm no expert, but could the arrival of Bobby Okereke have anything to do with it? Okereke appears to be a solid linebacker who now operates the defense. Might allow McFadden to play a little more freely.

I suspect the biggest boost came from getting a year of NFL experience.   Still, it doesn't hurt to have a savvy vet that can serve as a mentor.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

After watching McFadden make play after play in the 49ers' game, I became a fan and haven't taken my eyes off the kid since.

He is one of the good, no, great stories from this team this season and I hope he continues to develop his craft.

I echo many of the comments here regarding Okereke who is playing well. I'd like to see some consistency from him and, especially so, against teams like the Eagles and Cowboys. But he's a keeper and the Giants can have both he and McFadden as their linebackers and continue to improve.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

DaveBrown74

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on November 20, 2023, 11:06:26 AMI'm no expert, but could the arrival of Bobby Okereke have anything to do with it? Okereke appears to be a solid linebacker who now operates the defense. Might allow McFadden to play a little more freely.

I am also no expert, but I personally believe it does matter. The only time Tae Crowder was not a total disaster for us was during that one really good season we got from Blake Martinez. I think having that one alpha ILB helps a lot. I think it rubs off on others at the same position more than other positions do within each other.

Bob In PA

H-T: As they say... it sure didn't hurt.  Maybe Okereke shared a few tips.  Great observation.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!