News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

KT double digit sacks

Started by MightyGiants, November 20, 2023, 10:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I've been a big fan of Thibs since his second year at Oregon, and I was pumped when the Gmen drafted him. He obv got off to a slow start last year but then came on late in the year. When he got off to a slow start again this year, I admit I was disappointed, but at this point he has more than proven to me that he is, at minimum a good player. To have 10.5 sacks through 11 games in year two as a 22 year old is pretty darn good. In fact it's better than "good."

Plenty of reason to be optimistic about his development.

EDjohnst1981

He's certainly a cornerstone you build around.

It's nice to hit on a pick.

Ed Vette

It's amazing the Giants picked him so high since he came from a conference that plays poor competition, at OREGON!

He certainly has come on strong after a slow start this season. It's not just the sacks but the pressure too.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Gmo11

But but but I was told he's a bust!  Please.  The guy just performs and as many young players do appears to be getting better with reps/experience.  He's already the best pass rusher they've had since JPP so I'm excited to see how he develops.

jgrangers2

Becoming the player we were hoping to get. Awesome to see. I know Neal has been a disappointment and the guards haven't looked good but last year's class looks like it will produce 5 quality players in KT, Wandale, Flott, Bellinger and Mcfadden.

MightyGiants

Kayvon becomes 9th player in NFL history with 10+ sacks in teams first 11 games at age 22 or younger.

Kayvon (2023)
Garrett (2018)
Bosa (2017)
Ngakoue (2017)
Von (2011)
JPP (2011)
Julius Peppers (2002)
Derrick Thomas (1989)
Leslie O'Neal (1986)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

B1GBLUE

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 20, 2023, 10:32:27 AMhttps://x.com/TalkinGiants/status/1726623614395711568?s=20

Great to see. he had leno on skates yesterday. nice to see his inside move improving. he can be a dangerous weapon for us. i feel like he's still just scratching the surface. they need to get a bookend guy on the other side and you will really start to see crazy numbers. i'd like to see him turn it up a little against the run as i think he can still improve there. he also does still get held like crazy with no calls. i dont mean to nitpick on the little things, but a lot of his sacks earlier this year were clean up sacks. but hey, cant argue with this type of production. been a long time since we had a guy with double digit sacks. lets hope he continues to develop. hes got top 5 at his position potential.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 20, 2023, 10:40:02 AMIt's amazing the Giants picked him so high since he came from a conference that plays poor competition, at OREGON!

He certainly has come on strong after a slow start this season. It's not just the sacks but the pressure too.

Ed: In case you're wondering... I noticed this. lol  That's the most interesting conference this year... three really good teams (supposedly).  Let's hope one can get into the playoffs so we can see just HOW good.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

B1GBLUE

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 20, 2023, 11:22:21 AMKayvon becomes 9th player in NFL history with 10+ sacks in teams first 11 games at age 22 or younger.

Kayvon (2023)
Garrett (2018)
Bosa (2017)
Ngakoue (2017)
Von (2011)
JPP (2011)
Julius Peppers (2002)
Derrick Thomas (1989)
Leslie O'Neal (1986)

Those are HOF/borderline HOF players. very nice to see him on this list. lets hope he can do it for the next 10 years like some of these guys did.

sooners56

My expectations were high for him when he was drafted. When early on he didn't look the part of a dominating edge rusher I was concerned and called it as I seen it. This year he has dropped the "almost" tag I gave him and has finished the job of sacking the QB. To be on the list with all those greats is a great accomplishment. I concede that I judged Thibs too early and was wrong. He is a star ⭐️!
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Philosophers

Quote from: sooners56 on November 20, 2023, 11:49:06 AMMy expectations were high for him when he was drafted. When early on he didn't look the part of a dominating edge rusher I was concerned and called it as I seen it. This year he has dropped the "almost" tag I gave him and has finished the job of sacking the QB. To be on the list with all those greats is a great accomplishment. I concede that I judged Thibs too early and was wrong. He is a star ⭐️!

You and I and others were not wrong at the time.  He is developing which is whay all of us hoped for.  Bravo to him now.

Uni

I have no numbers to back it up, but it felt like Kayvon was almost exclusively rushing the QB against the Commanders. It seemed like he dropped back into coverage a lot against the Cowboys and many of the other games where he was accused of not showing up and being a bust.

Dgoodmantrublu

He wasn't. I noticed several times he dropped.

Quote from: Uni on November 20, 2023, 12:06:22 PMI have no numbers to back it up, but it felt like Kayvon was almost exclusively rushing the QB against the Commanders. It seemed like he dropped back into coverage a lot against the Cowboys and many of the other games where he was accused of not showing up and being a bust.