News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

KT double digit sacks

Started by MightyGiants, November 20, 2023, 10:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giant Jim

This is great, but how is he against the run?

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dgoodmantrublu

He was very good against the run yesterday. Most of the runs came inside. Many when Dex was out. The team will need add DT quality next year.

LennG

I believe many of us were saying, especially at the beginning of this season, that Thibs only had one move, a speed rush. He really needed to show he can bull-rush an OL and he also needs to be able to rush inside. Seems some of that is already happening.

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Dgoodmantrublu

People were calling him a bust. Lazily grouping him in with Neal as a way to make some point against Schoen. And of course any time an athlete has any off field interests, they are pilloried. Thibs has been a very good player. He struggled for three weeks, but has been great since.

DJN

Yeah, he's got more sacks then Parson's, but he's a bust !!  :confused:

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 20, 2023, 10:40:02 AMIt's amazing the Giants picked him so high since he came from a conference that plays poor competition, at OREGON!

He certainly has come on strong after a slow start this season. It's not just the sacks but the pressure too.

I saw what you did here ;)
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

SUPERSEE

some games he puts it all together. some games he's neutralized. he's the second best pass rusher on the team second to Lawrence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AYM

He's definitely earned it and it's good to see that he's plugged away at it and continues to show growth. That's some rare company right there.

Maybe there's hope for Neal too.

Dgoodmantrublu

This is just like every other really good edge player. He gets held to a completely different standard than anyone else here.

Quote from: SUPERSEE on November 20, 2023, 08:34:46 PMsome games he puts it all together. some games he's neutralized. he's the second best pass rusher on the team second to Lawrence.

Jclayton92

Aiden Hutchinson and Travon Walker the two edges combined don't have the stats that Thibs has currently. If they redrafted 2022, Thibs is likely #1 or #2 depending on if the team needs edge help or corner help with sauce Gardner. Getting the 1A/2A best player in the draft at number 5 isn't that bad.

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 21, 2023, 02:10:26 PMAiden Hutchinson and Travon Walker the two edges combined don't have the stats that Thibs has currently. If they redrafted 2022, Thibs is likely #1 or #2 depending on if the team needs edge help or corner help with sauce Gardner. Getting the 1A/2A best player in the draft at number 5 isn't that bad.

I don't think so.  Aidan Hutchinson has a 1/2 sack more, 4 solo tackles more, 1 less forced fumble, 2 more fumble recoveries and 4 INTs to zero over their career so far. 

SUPERSEE

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 20, 2023, 10:03:54 PMThis is just like every other really good edge player. He gets held to a completely different standard than anyone else here.
not at all .. he's undersized and gets handled by OT's at times .. he does have great speed around the edge but it is what it is .. I like him but I see what I see

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on November 21, 2023, 04:03:30 PMI don't think so.  Aidan Hutchinson has a 1/2 sack more, 4 solo tackles more, 1 less forced fumble, 2 more fumble recoveries and 4 INTs to zero over their career so far. 

Kind of hard to place equal importance on year one and year two, especially considering Thibodeaux missed basically all of 2022 training camp plus the first three games of 2022 due to injury and then clearly wasn't healthy or fully practiced in the first several games after he finally got started. We saw the real player he is by the later part of last season though, and this year, with everyone healthy, he is significantly outproducing Hutchinson in the stat column.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on November 21, 2023, 04:03:30 PMI don't think so.  Aidan Hutchinson has a 1/2 sack more, 4 solo tackles more, 1 less forced fumble, 2 more fumble recoveries and 4 INTs to zero over their career so far. 
I was referring to so far this season.