News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Whose #1 in College Qbr?

Started by spiderblue43, November 25, 2023, 01:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

His rating is 95.0. Can you name him? No  googling please..Scouts honor. :surprise:  :o

spiderblue43

BBHers..5 minutes till pencils down.  :yes:  :laugh:

spiderblue43

Times up. Answer: The remarkable Jayden Daniels of LSU. Huge upside talent. 36 tds..4 ints..72.0 cmpl..3;500 yards passing..over 1;000 yards rushing.Not too shabby in the best conference in college.

spiderblue43

He could be on the Giants radar..or at least  I hope so. No need to rush him into action and give Daboll a potential star to mold. He has vastly improved everywhere..more experience than Richardson too.

BluesCruz

Quote from: spiderblue43 on November 25, 2023, 01:25:42 PMTimes up. Answer: The remarkable Jayden Daniels of LSU. Huge upside talent. 36 tds..4 ints..72.0 cmpl..3;500 yards passing..over 1;000 yards rushing.Not too shabby in the best conference in college.

sounds like a keeper
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

madbadger

He's Lamar Jackson 2.0. Both men leave a little to be desired as passers but are so dynamic that they can wreck an NFL defense.

sooners56

5 years in college and this is his first statistical GREAT year. Any thoughts on just the one great year? Definitely an intriguing prospect though.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

spiderblue43

Quote from: sooners56 on November 25, 2023, 02:17:19 PM5 years in college and this is his first statistical GREAT year. Any thoughts on just the one great year? Definitely an intriguing prospect though.

Similarities with Burrow. He transferred..starting slow until his breakout year at LSU. Not that he is the pure passer that Joe is but is a highlight machine this year and is very intriguing.

Dgoodmantrublu

Jayden Daniels is a fantastic passer. Much more advanced than Lamar at the same point.

Quote from: madbadger on November 25, 2023, 02:06:31 PMHe's Lamar Jackson 2.0. Both men leave a little to be desired as passers but are so dynamic that they can wreck an NFL defense.

madbadger

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 25, 2023, 03:03:31 PMJayden Daniels is a fantastic passer. Much more advanced than Lamar at the same point.

His ball placement is not elite. He'll be throwing into much tighter windows in the NFL so it might impact his effectiveness. If there was ever a guy I'd take a chance on it's him.

madbadger

Quote from: sooners56 on November 25, 2023, 02:17:19 PM5 years in college and this is his first statistical GREAT year. Any thoughts on just the one great year? Definitely an intriguing prospect though.

How many great statistical seasons did Jalen Hurts have in college. He was similarly meh but the big difference is Daniels eventually posted gaudy stats while Hurts didn't.

Dgoodmantrublu

He was good last year and took a major step forward. He's got insane natural ability. I'd be extremely comfortable if we got Daniels. Hyatt will love him too. He's a great deep passer.

sooners56

Quote from: madbadger on November 25, 2023, 03:58:21 PMHow many great statistical seasons did Jalen Hurts have in college. He was similarly meh but the big difference is Daniels eventually posted gaudy stats while Hurts didn't.

My preference would be for a QB to have more than 1 great year in college but there are several instances, such as Burroe and Hurts, where 1 good year translated to a very good NFL QB. All the better, as the more QBs in the draft that are possibly franchise caliber, bodes well for the Giants grabbing one!
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

madbadger

Quote from: sooners56 on November 25, 2023, 05:42:00 PMMy preference would be for a QB to have more than 1 great year in college but there are several instances, such as Burroe and Hurts, where 1 good year translated to a very good NFL QB. All the better, as the more QBs in the draft that are possibly franchise caliber, bodes well for the Giants grabbing one!

If both of the top two are off the board I'd be fine taking the best offensive lineman and then moving up into the late first round to catch a faller. I think a guy like Daniels will be available later. The other option would be to draft a project like WSU quarterback Cam Ward. He has all the tools and Jones contract means he'll be in the roster next year so he'll have at least a year to develop.

Dgoodmantrublu

A guy like Daniels will not be available later. He will be a top 5 pick. Ward is not even close to the same class as Daniels. Waiting would be an error of epic proportions.

Quote from: madbadger on November 25, 2023, 05:52:44 PMIf both of the top two are off the board I'd be fine taking the best offensive lineman and then moving up into the late first round to catch a faller. I think a guy like Daniels will be available later. The other option would be to draft a project like WSU quarterback Cam Ward. He has all the tools and Jones contract means he'll be in the roster next year so he'll have at least a year to develop.