News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How much will the Giants miss Dexter Lawrence?

Started by MightyGiants, November 25, 2023, 01:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coggs

I honestly thought Vilma was going to call down to the Patriots sidelines to tell them to run the ball up the gut every play.

Ed Vette

Quote from: coggs on November 27, 2023, 12:59:20 PMI honestly thought Vilma was going to call down to the Patriots sidelines to tell them to run the ball up the gut every play.
I'm sure. But he's been unbiased and spot on with his observations. I like him. Not saying you don't, just that he's so much better than most of the others.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Dgoodmantrublu

Vilma is great. He should move up the pecking order.

Ed Vette

The loss of Dex was deflating. It's incredible the amount he contributes to this Defense. Clearly Gettleman's shining moment.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Ditto on Vilma. I think he's one of the better color guys and deserves to be in some more prime spots. I find myself liking his takes every time I watch a game with him.

MagicRat

Agreed on Vilma, decent analyst.
I honestly believe Greg Olsen is the best though....including the much hyped Romo.
Smell my cheese you mother!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MagicRat on November 27, 2023, 04:20:36 PMAgreed on Vilma, decent analyst.
I honestly believe Greg Olsen is the best though....including the much hyped Romo.

Olsen is definitely good, but he has already reaped the benefits as he is now the top Fox team (along with Burkhardt). He has risen up the ranks very quickly as he was still playing just a couple years ago. He and Burkhardt are the new Buck/Aikman for Fox. Vilma has been doing this for a while at a quality level and hasn't really been promoted to my knowledge.

coggs

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 27, 2023, 01:07:24 PMI'm sure. But he's been unbiased and spot on with his observations. I like him. Not saying you don't, just that he's so much better than most of the others.
agreed.  just meant he seemed very frustrated with the Patriots play calling.