News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Pats are favored by 3.5 points, who are you betting on?

Started by MightyGiants, November 25, 2023, 01:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

sooners56

Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

DaveBrown74

I'm really struggling with this one. The line is very fishy. The Pats have been awful this year. This line is saying they'd be a 9.5 point favorite in Gillette. Does that make sense to anyone? I mean I know we suck, but has this team been any better?

That said, there is reason to like the Pats a bit here. Belichick has a long history of being masterful as messing with rookie QBs, even very good ones. I suspect he'll have a few tricks up his sleeve for DeVito.

Also, at 71 years old or whatever he is, does Belichick really care about "tanking" at this point? I doubt it. I think he wants as many career wins as possible, and at his age the short term matters more than some 10 year outlook.

So, I'm going to have to go with the Pats here.

Pats 20-13.

BluesCruz

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

TDToomer

The first team to double digits will win.
That team will be the Giants
The Patriots have the worst QB situation in the NFL. Worse than the Jets and Giants in that they haven't loss their #1 to injury or even their #1 and #2 like us.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

GeauxJints

DaveBrown74

Quote from: GeauxJints on November 25, 2023, 05:08:57 PMBelichek going to kill Tommy

To be fair, The Commanders knocked him around pretty good (9 sacks), and he still gave you turnover free football for four quarters and threw three TD passes, something our injured starter hadn't done in four years.

Dgoodmantrublu

kartanoman

Depends on the number of Sardine Can Turf casualties. You know it's going to happen, but who and when during the game is the key.

20-17 Giants.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

nb587

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 25, 2023, 06:38:37 PMTo be fair, The Commanders knocked him around pretty good (9 sacks), and he still gave you turnover free football for four quarters and threw three TD passes, something our injured starter hadn't done in four years.
Looked to me that for the most part, he was throwing to wide open receivers.  I didn't watch much of the Thnxgiving game but I had the sense Dallas could have scored alot more than 45

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs