News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Hurts and Allen

Started by katkavage, November 26, 2023, 08:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkavage

I got to say, as a Giants fan it hurts to see such stellar QB play of those two from afar. The Giants are light years away from talent like that.

Dgoodmantrublu

Seriously. No one can seriously believe the Giants can ever contend with the current QBs they have. They need  a real franchise QB. We need a guy who we don't need to make excuses for.

Quote from: katkavage on November 26, 2023, 08:14:22 PMI got to say, as a Giants fan it hurts to see such stellar QB play of those two from afar. The Giants are light years away from talent like that.

MightyGiants

Quote from: katkavage on November 26, 2023, 08:14:22 PMI got to say, as a Giants fan it hurts to see such stellar QB play of those two from afar. The Giants are light years away from talent like that.

Both QBs had QB ratings of less than 100

Allen- 82.1
Hurts- 96.2
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 27, 2023, 08:14:20 AMBoth QBs had QB ratings of less than 100

Allen- 82.1
Hurts- 96.2
Oh...okay. They suck. I'd rather have Jones and DeVito.

kingm56

Quote from: katkavage on November 27, 2023, 08:15:32 AMOh...okay. They suck. I'd rather have Jones and DeVito.

The weather was atrocious; those ratings were actually good, considering the conditions.  Also, both players rushed for 2 TDs; so, Hurts accounted for 5x TDs and Allen 4x.  To classify both performances as anything other than remarkable is odd. 

Your sarcasm concerning DJ is not misplaced; there were some who proclaimed DJ was ascending to become the NFC top-tier QB, placing him above both Dak and Hurts. I simply don't understand the reluctance to acknowledge the latter as a top-5 QB.

MightyGiants

Quote from: kingm56 on November 27, 2023, 09:17:26 AMThe weather was atrocious; 

I guess other QBs are allowed "excuses"  ;)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Hurts and Allen don't need excuses. Both have played at a high level for now demonstrable periods and both have led their teams deep into postseason play, narrowly missing a Super Bowl victory (in Hurts' case) or a SB appearance (in Allen's case). Neither has been in the league for very long, and both have accomplished plenty so far. Both on the stat sheet and in terms of the postseason.

kingm56

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 27, 2023, 09:27:01 AMI guess other QBs are allowed "excuses"  ;)

Excuses!?  Does a player who scored 5x TD in a single game need excuses?

Bob In PA

You've got to have the "whole package" not just a good QB.

Assuming you think both QB's are about the same level of "good" then since IMO Eagles have the better OL, TE & WR corps, they should have won the game.

Personally, I think Allen is better than Hurts, but the knucklehead Bills receiver who failed to look for the ball in OT made it impossible for the better QB to win.

My point? 

A QB alone can make the difference but not if he lacks the "minimum daily requirements" for an NFL team playing with him on offense.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: kingm56 on November 27, 2023, 09:52:34 AMExcuses!?  Does a player who scored 5x TD in a single game need excuses?

I value consistency.  I can't help but feel that if his name was Daniel Jones instead of Jalen Hurts, you would be harping on only 200 yards passing, you would dismiss the 2 rushing TDs, and be talking about his INT (all these things led to the sub 100 passer rating).

I just wish all QBs were measured with the same ruler.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 27, 2023, 10:08:20 AMI value consistency.  I can't help but feel that if his name was Daniel Jones instead of Jalen Hurts, you would be harping on only 200 yards passing, you would dismiss the 2 rushing TDs, and be talking about his INT (all these things led to the sub 100 passer rating).

I just wish all QBs were measured with the same ruler.

Poor Danny. So unfair that he doesn't get the credit Hurts and Allen get. I mean his past play was so good.