News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Watching paint dry

Started by LennG, November 26, 2023, 08:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Come on, admit it, watching today's game was as exciting as watching paint dry. I know it was a Giants win, but really, could 2 offenses be that bad in the same game? DeVito may well be a serviceable QB, but he needs to learn to get rid of the ball a lot quicker. Maybe it's me, but I would think with a rookie QB in there, our OC would delve into his playbook to try and help him succeed with an array of quick slants and screens. Oh wait, we don't do screens. This is not a plug-and-play offense, just keep running the same thing no matter who is the QB, you need to nurture the rookie with easier plays. He seems to be able to make the throws, he just needs some serious tutoring.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Dgoodmantrublu

Teams have been scheming to take away quick game because the QBs can make real NFL throws.

Quote from: LennG on November 26, 2023, 08:42:46 PMCome on, admit it, watching today's game was as exciting as watching paint dry. I know it was a Giants win, but really, could 2 offenses be that bad in the same game? DeVito may well be a serviceable QB, but he needs to learn to get rid of the ball a lot quicker. Maybe it's me, but I would think with a rookie QB in there, our OC would delve into his playbook to try and help him succeed with an array of quick slants and screens. Oh wait, we don't do screens. This is not a plug-and-play offense, just keep running the same thing no matter who is the QB, you need to nurture the rookie with easier plays. He seems to be able to make the throws, he just needs some serious tutoring.

kartanoman

Lenn, this past summer in the Phoenix metro area, we broke records of most consecutive 110+ degree days. Most of those were near 115 where paint was nearly "frying," however, rubber soles on shoes melted and if you needed a two minute egg, you could crack one on the windshield of you car and it would be ready in a jiffy.

Just beating Belichick was worth the watch. This may have been the last time he coached against the Giants so what better way to send him off.

But yes, very few style points yesterday except for Hyatt whose catches were amazing.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

MightyGiants

I will admit the game was a snooze fest.  :sleeping:  Partly due to the lack of playing for a playoff spot and partly because of how much excitement a 10-7 game really brings.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: LennG on November 26, 2023, 08:42:46 PMCome on, admit it, watching today's game was as exciting as watching paint dry. I know it was a Giants win, but really, could 2 offenses be that bad in the same game? DeVito may well be a serviceable QB, but he needs to learn to get rid of the ball a lot quicker. Maybe it's me, but I would think with a rookie QB in there, our OC would delve into his playbook to try and help him succeed with an array of quick slants and screens. Oh wait, we don't do screens. This is not a plug-and-play offense, just keep running the same thing no matter who is the QB, you need to nurture the rookie with easier plays. He seems to be able to make the throws, he just needs some serious tutoring.

Lenn: Both teams played like they thought if they waited long enough, the opponent would hand the game to them.

Neither did, but someone had to win.

I agree it was a real snoozer, but IMO that was the correct strategy for both.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

LennG

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 27, 2023, 10:13:25 AMLenn: Both teams played like they thought if they waited long enough, the opponent would hand the game to them.

Neither did, but someone had to win.

I agree it was a real snoozer, but IMO that was the correct strategy for both.

Bob

Bob

I agree about the right strategy, but after watching Philly/Bills, that was an exciting football game. Just when I thought we were the worst team in the league, along comes BB and his mer ry band of worse than us players.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Dgoodmantrublu

The Patriots would have won this game if they had just run the ball every single play and never passed. But of course not.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 27, 2023, 11:16:23 AMThe Patriots would have won this game if they had just run the ball every single play and never passed. But of course not.

They ran it less than they used to run it when they had Tom Brady.

Ridiculous.