News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Latest 33rd team mock draft

Started by MightyGiants, November 27, 2023, 01:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

Thank god the draft is months away.  Not that the player is not good, but it would be a horrific mistake to take a tight end with such a high pick.

Bob In PA

As of today, I'd take it.  As of today, if you ask Ed Vette he'll tell you there's NO WAY it will ever happen. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Bob In PA

Quote from: katkavage on November 27, 2023, 01:26:01 PMThank god the draft is months away.  Not that the player is not good, but it would be a horrific mistake to take a tight end with such a high pick.
kat: You misread the original post. He's not a TE, he's a QB. -OR- I misread the post with my bad eyesight. lol

T200

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 27, 2023, 01:28:25 PMkat: You misread the original post. He's not a TE, he's a QB. -OR- I misread the post with my bad eyesight. lol
Or... he's talking about Washington at #5.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Gmo11

As of this moment I don't think Daniels lasts to 6.  I really don't.  I think 3 QBs are going in the top 5 and for me he's QB3.  I think the Cardinals absolutely could take a QB and if they don't the Bears trade their 2nd pick to somebody who does. I would be thrilled with Daniels in this draft, but the Giants might have to trade up to the Bears' 2nd pick in order to get him thanks to this useless winning streak.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Gmo11 on November 27, 2023, 03:34:12 PMAs of this moment I don't think Daniels lasts to 6.  I really don't.  I think 3 QBs are going in the top 5 and for me he's QB3.  I think the Cardinals absolutely could take a QB and if they don't the Bears trade their 2nd pick to somebody who does. I would be thrilled with Daniels in this draft, but the Giants might have to trade up to the Bears' 2nd pick in order to get him thanks to this useless winning streak.

You could be right.

I think we're so bad though that we're likely not winning another game. We have needed absurd numbers of terrible turnovers for the last two games to barely go our way, and I just don't think that continues.

The one exception may be the week 18 game. Unfortunately, with the Lions losing and the Eagles coming from behind to win this last game, the odds of that week 18 game being 100% meaningless to the Eagles are rising substantially. And rest assured: if that game means nothing to them, they'll have joke players in that game. Whereas we will go all-out to try to win it, and will. And everyone will pat themselves on the back when it happens, as if it was a meaningful game against legitimate NFL competition. The Eagles and their fans will laugh at us for celebrating that win.

Jolly Blue Giant

Morning news in the NY Post said that Harrison is thinking about not entering the draft and staying another year in school. I suspect he is watching to see what teams might end up with him...which is always a problem when you're at the top of the draft board along with the worst teams in the league. Probably wants to make sure the team has a QB that can get him the ball on a regular basis
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

katkavage

Bob In PA

B1GBLUE

Quote from: katkavage on November 27, 2023, 01:26:01 PMThank god the draft is months away.  Not that the player is not good, but it would be a horrific mistake to take a tight end with such a high pick.

for the commanders?

madbadger

Anything can happen but the Cardinals front office has already let it be known that they still believe in Murray. Combine that with his radioactive contract and it's unlikely that they would take a quarterback in the top 4.

files58

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on November 27, 2023, 04:13:18 PMMorning news in the NY Post said that Harrison is thinking about not entering the draft and staying another year in school. I suspect he is watching to see what teams might end up with him...which is always a problem when you're at the top of the draft board along with the worst teams in the league. Probably wants to make sure the team has a QB that can get him the ball on a regular basis

We may see more of the possibility players staying because they can earn NIL money. The urgency for some may not be there. Harrison is a bit of an outlier because of his Dad's knowledge of the league.

katkavage

Quote from: files58 on November 27, 2023, 05:14:36 PMWe may see more of the possibility players staying because they can earn NIL money. The urgency for some may not be there. Harrison is a bit of an outlier because of his Dad's knowledge of the league.
Very risky to hold out a year and probably just posturing now. NIL money aside, each year delayed means a longer wait for the big NFL bucks. I think if the Bears keep the number one pick, Harrison will be their pick.

madbadger

Quote from: files58 on November 27, 2023, 05:14:36 PMWe may see more of the possibility players staying because they can earn NIL money. The urgency for some may not be there. Harrison is a bit of an outlier because of his Dad's knowledge of the league.

I think the NIL money is over blown. He's a lock to be a top 3 pick. The annual money for his rookie deal will far exceed what he makes from NIL and the NFL has its own version of NIL in the form of endorsement deals. Those deals often exceed the value of their contract if they're a top rookie. Even if he stayed another year he gonna be a top two or three pick meaning he's going to a crappy team. All he has by returning is downside. Less money and the chance of suffering a career altering injury.