News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The new @talkingiants podcast is well worth the listen

Started by MightyGiants, November 29, 2023, 09:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Bobby interviews Jordan Raanan, and they discuss the rift between Wink and Daboll.

I thought there were many interesting points.

1)  Bobby thinks the story was leaked by Wink's camp

2)  Could the "here's the game ball" be seen as an FU by Wink (if there is a rift)

3)  Raanan has heard that Daboll is a difficult man to work with

https://x.com/TalkinGiants/status/1729851601731326118?s=20

Out of curiosity, how do you feel about Wink leaving or staying after the season? 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

The guys have been pushing this narrative all week. I do agree that there was something there. Two strong personalities at a time when Wink's Defense went off track and a discussion was warranted. Then the next two weeks, they Ball Out. Daboll is the boss and Wink has to respect that.

If there was any push back from Wink, Daboll won't let it affect what's best for the team. He is not an insecure man.

Losing Wink would hurt the team. I doubt he's going anywhere unless it's for a HC position and he's certainly not getting fired in season.

Additionally, the players support him even over one of their own Locker Room Jackass (in Wiki, it's McKinney's face).

The foundation is there and Daboll brought him in.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

I'm with you, Ed. Two strong personalities are bound to butt heads here and there but there are no bruised egos or hurt feelings there. There's enough mutual respect there to be able to hash things out and get back to work.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on November 29, 2023, 09:52:34 AMI'm with you, Ed. Two strong personalities are bound to butt heads here and there but there are no bruised egos or hurt feelings there. There's enough mutual respect there to be able to hash things out and get back to work.
Sure, look at how many times Rich and I go at it, but we both know it's for the sake of the site and it doesn't kill the relationship.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 29, 2023, 09:56:03 AMSure, look at how many times Rich and I go at it, but we both know it's for the sake of the site and it doesn't kill the relationship.
Bingo!  :ok:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Bob In PA

I can't see the Giants affirmatively moving to divest themselves of Daboll, Wink or Kafka.

If there are rifts, problems, I CAN see Schoen hauling them all into his office for a pow-wow.

Depending on how THAT goes (IMO it'll go well; Schoen is a smart man) that meeting will be the end of it.

Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!