News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Guess Where Joe Schoen Will Be Tonight?

Started by Ed Vette, December 01, 2023, 10:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 01, 2023, 10:54:47 PMJeff, seriously? A snapshot?

It's not a snapshot. I have been observing him for years. He has had a great year this year and a good to very good year last year. I don't think he was that challenged this year though. I watched a fair number of his games, and it was basically pitch and catch with him all year and very little adversity. He gets credit for consistently executing with a very low error rate, but the conditions were just not that difficult from what I watched, which again was a handful of games. I have watched him in the past too, including Auburn. Obviously I rate recent data as more important. Does he deserve to get drafted in the first or second round and get his chance? Sure. My gut is that he won't be a star though, and I don't want to draft a solid but not great QB. If I'm wrong about him I'm wrong.

brownelvis54

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on December 02, 2023, 10:04:38 AMIMHO McCarthy is a pedestrian QB at best in the NFL. A HUGE RISK taken in the first few rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow...I really like him. I will be watching Michigan vs Iowa tonight
The KING is in the building

madbadger

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 02, 2023, 08:27:28 AMTop 5 all-time?  Not sure if Ibwould go that high.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/leaders/pass-rating-player-season.html

If passer rating is the only metric you'd use to define greatness you'd be correct.

uconnjack8

Quote from: madbadger on December 02, 2023, 11:21:08 AMIf passer rating is the only metric you'd use to define greatness you'd be correct.

It's not.  Click on those 15 ahead of him and look and the rest of the stats.  I just used that as a reference.

Top 5 all time seems like some hyperbole.

y_so_blu

If I were him I'd be at the Michigan/Iowa game for a closer look at JJ McCarthy.