News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

WHY? What is it other teams doing right?

Started by brownelvis54, December 04, 2023, 11:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDjohnst1981

BluesCruz

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 05, 2023, 07:55:16 AMI will also respond to the OP with a question:

What would you say we consistently do right or get right as a franchise (over the last decade or so)? Can you point to anything about running a franchise that we are better than league average at? Because we know there are tons of things that we are worse than league average or near the bottom at. Can you or anyone here name one thing we do a better than average job at that helps an NFL team win games?

Drafting: below average

Coaching hires (in aggregate over last decade): below average

Front office: below average for past decade

Player development: Below average for last decade as evidenced by players who left doing better elsewhere

Training/medical/player safety: downright shameful results and no apparent desire to make changes

Free agency decisions grossly below average over past decade, including the two worst signings in franchise history

Analytics/innovation: Below average for last decade. Basically thumbed our nose at it for years when everyone else was ramping up.

What is one single thing we have done well over the last decade? I can't name one. Can anyone?

We have had great kickers LOL
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

TDToomer

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on December 05, 2023, 10:00:29 AMThe biggest problem is drafting

2nd overall Barkley
6th Jones
5th Thibs
7th Neal
17th Dex

Outside of Dex is there anyone there that would walk onto a superbowl contender?

If you're not getting your top 20 picks right, you're gonna be in a hole. We're in a hole.

Thibs and Barkley easily. Even SB teams have to dress 46 players.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

brownelvis54

So last night came back from the hospital and worked a 8.5 hour shift instead of the 13 hours I was doing this weekend. Had my wife record the late Sunday game (I think it was the GB game), so Monday night I get home and think we are recording the Bengals vs Jags, look at the recordings and boom...NOTHING recorded. Flip on the Bengals game and see its 7 to 7....1st quarter. I would have sworn it was going to be a blow out....Yet I am treated to a high scoring competitive game. The teams looked good, strong and well oiled....

I swear, the Bengals minus Burrow would mop the floor with us.

The NFL teams field a 53 man roster...yet it seems to me we have about 22 men on the roster that are worth keeping. Am I wrong?
The KING is in the building