News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT-Sunday Slate

Started by spiderblue43, December 08, 2023, 09:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

Two in particular: Bills vs Chiefs and Eagles vs. Pokes.

Buffalo (6-6) is in total turmoil-on the field and off. But Josh Allen is capable of a superstar performance and their running game has been improving with Cook

Kc too has issues with a considerable drought (by their standards) on offense, relying on Spags' unit to reach their record (8-4).

Their receiving corps has got to step up big time (Rice) for Mahomes and Travis not to disappoint Taylor's hopes.

Iggles have clawed their way to their perch (10-2) but are very fortunate. Now..Hurts looks hurt and
figures to have little to no running game to balance their attack against Dallas. Plus..they have been nose diving on defense..matchup problems at linebacker..etc.

Pokes (9-3) have been dominant at home..are rested and have no lame excuses to not beat the Iggles. Ferguson has come on as a top tier TE..which has helped Dak put up career numbers.

I like Buffalo close and Pokes big

DaveBrown74

Quote from: spiderblue43 on December 08, 2023, 09:16:48 AMTwo in particular: Bills vs Chiefs and Eagles vs. Pokes.

Buffalo (6-6) is in total turmoil-on the field and off. But Josh Allen is capable of a superstar performance and their running game has been improving with Cook

Kc too has issues with a considerable drought (by their standards) on offense, relying on Spags' unit to reach their record (8-4).

Their receiving corps has got to step up big time (Rice) for Mahomes and Travis not to disappoint Taylor's hopes.

Iggles have clawed their way to their perch (10-2) but are very fortunate. Now..Hurts looks hurt and has little to no running game to balance their attack. Plus..they have been nose diving on defense.

Pokes (9-3) have been dominant at home..are rested and have no lame excuses to not beat the Iggles. Ferguson has come on as a top tier TE..which has helped Dak put up career numbers.

I like Buffalo close and Pokes big

Solid analysis.

When I saw KC was only favored by 1 I was slightly surprised. I find myself leaning Buffalo in this game as well although my conviction level is not high. Two excellent QBs, both having their struggles this year, seems a matter of which one shows up.

I def think the Eagles showed everyone last week that they have issues, although the Shaq Leonard pickup addressed a fairly big one (LB). Hard to fade Dallas at home- agree theyve been so good there. Eagles will be up for this game though after last week's humiliation. I don't think it will just be a walk in the park for Dallas.

spiderblue43

Dave...

I agree that they will be..but Dallas can smother them early..get ahead..trouble.

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 08, 2023, 09:43:53 AMSolid analysis.

When I saw KC was only favored by 1 I was slightly surprised. I find myself leaning Buffalo in this game as well although my conviction level is not high. Two excellent QBs, both having their struggles this year, seems a matter of which one shows up.

I def think the Eagles showed everyone last week that they have issues, although the Shaq Leonard pickup addressed a fairly big one (LB). Hard to fade Dallas at home- agree they've been so good there. Eagles will be up for this game though after last week's humiliation. I don't think it will just be a walk in the park for Dallas.

That Dallas needs this game to make a push for the Eastern Division title makes it a must win at all costs and the pressure is squarely on their back. On the other hand, if Philly loses this game, and the SF 49ers beat Seattle (NOTE: they spanked the Seahawks 31-13 in front of the "12th man"), then the 49ers jump into the #1 seed. From that standpoint, it becomes a must-win for Philly at all costs.

Philly at Dallas, hands-down, is the game of the week with considerable playoff leverage at stake. But there will be a month of football remaining.

Between the Eagles, Cowboys, 49ers and the Lions, the Eagles may have the easiest remaining schedule so winning Sunday  will likely win the division and keep SF and Detroit at arms' length. I've boldfaced what I perceive to be the big match-ups for each teams' schedule:

Philly: @DAL, @SEA, NYG, ARZ, @NYG

Dallas: PHI, @BUF, @MIA, DET, WAS

San Francisco: SEA, @ARZ, BAL, @WAS, LAR

Detroit: @CHI, DEN, @MIN, @DAL, MIN

Divisional match-ups can be unpredictable sometimes. That's why I highlighted the Rams at 49ers, Lions at Bears, Lions at Vikings and, of course, Eagles at Cowboys.

Once you get past Eagles-Cowboys, there are some interesting marquee match-ups involving these teams: Lions at Cowboys, Ravens at 49ers, Cowboys at Bills and the following week at Dolphins.

If the Cowboys, 49ers and Lions win this weekend, it's on in the NFC for the #1 seed with SF in pole position.

Bring it on!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)