News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT--Sunday thread

Started by spiderblue43, December 10, 2023, 12:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

Week 14..and there are "no tomorrows"..with coaches on "the hot seat" trying to stay "in the hunt" and avoid "cleaning things up".

Anymore cliches? Got an eye on the Bears/Lions and Bills/KC later..and more bogus calls from the refs. Of course.

Jolly Blue Giant

I'll watch some, going back and forth. I want Chicago to beat Detroit, the Jets to beat Houston, and of course, Seattle to lose to the Niners. Tomorrow I'd like to see the Giants look good (but lose..lol), and Tennessee to knock off Miami

Looking at it purely from our draft position scenario, in case it isn't obvious  :ok:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

spiderblue43

I'm with ya Jolly. Lions already looking leaky on D. 7-0 Bears. Fields making plays. Go Bears. Joe Flacco on fire..comes right out..TD. WOW.

DaveBrown74

Detroit was the big trap bet this week. People couldn't believe they were only a 3.5 point favorite in this game.

spiderblue43

Bears up 10-0..almost the end of 1st quarter. Lions had a good red zone series to stop a long drive. Detroit committing defensive penalties helped extend the drive. Cold in Chicago.

Blue Since ‘62

Ravens winning 14-10. OBJ with a touchdown catch, which really pisses me off.

spiderblue43

Jets & Texans scoreless! Classic Jets this year. Lions moving the ball after Bears stuffed on 4th down in Lions territory. Goff making some tight throws..but was picked earlier..score on a reverse. missed pat..10-6.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: spiderblue43 on December 10, 2023, 02:01:40 PMJets & Texans scoreless! Classic Jets this year. Lions moving the ball after Bears stuffed on 4th down in Lions territory. Goff making some tight throws..but was picked earlier..score on a reverse. missed pat..10-6.

Absolutely pissing rain in the NY/North Jersey area right now. I don't know whether to respect Jets fans who are actually sitting there in Met Life in their panchos watching their team play a meaningless game or to think they're completely nuts.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Blue Since '62 on December 10, 2023, 01:59:55 PMRavens winning 14-10. OBJ with a touchdown catch, which really pisses me off.

I'm just the opposite. I wish OBJ all the greatness he has left in his banged up body. He gave me some great memories...not so much when he pretended to piss like a dog, or kicking the net, or partying on the boat instead of preparing for battle. He had/has faults, as we all do...thankfully for me, not so widely published and video taped for the world to watch and assess...LOL

It's the faults and shortcomings of humans that make the human race interesting and enjoyable. I can't imagine dealing with everyone who was just like me. That would be awful  :o
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

spiderblue43

Give old man Flacco credit .off the couch onto to Cleveland and playing well..2 tds today. Bears wobbling at the 2 minute warning.

Lions gelling..driving with their play calling.

TDToomer

Get over it with the OBJ hate! He was the most gifted WR we ever drafted and out passing game has been bottom 5 annually since he left. We are in WR hell.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

spiderblue43

Lions put together a great drive..running..play variety.had LaPorta run it once..Goff finishes with a td. 13-10 at the half.

Jclayton92

Man the Falcons have a really nice team if they could ever find a QB.

TDToomer

It's amazing what a different player Engram is now. He is catching all those tough passes he used to drop with us.  :-??
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

spiderblue43

OBJ? 🥱 yawn. Bears manage to tie it at 13. Red zone flubs again.