News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Great game

Started by Arodgers12, December 12, 2023, 12:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arodgers12

I wanted to show my face after and say Congratulations on the win!

Ed Vette

Always liked Packer fans. Joined us for a couple tailgates too. Two franchises with rich history.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MagicRat

Yep. At Tottenham last year I was sat amongst a mix of fans and the Packers guus were good people,  plenty good banter during the game.
Smell my cheese you mother!

spiderblue43

Quote from: Arodgers12 on December 12, 2023, 12:04:12 AMI wanted to show my face after and say Congratulations on the win!

I thought the Pack had been gifted with The Barkley Flop. Exciting finish..no doubt. I saw a lot of Packer faithful at the game-great fan base. 

y_so_blu

I couldn't care less about the draft right now. I'm just thrilled that Giants football is fun again.

Philosophers

Quote from: y_so_blu on December 12, 2023, 12:37:21 AMI couldn't care less about the draft right now. I'm just thrilled that Giants football is fun again.

Defense is coming together as a unit.  DeVito is giving us hope.  Just hope he does not become Scott Brunner.

T200

Quote from: Arodgers12 on December 12, 2023, 12:04:12 AMI wanted to show my face after and say Congratulations on the win!
Thanks for being a stand-up guy. Love had an off night but you guys definitely have a good one at QB.  :ok:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

kartanoman

Until the trails cross again in the future, be well and your boys will bounce back. The Pack has some exciting stars on offense who will one day contend for best in league.

Be well!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

TDToomer

Quote from: MagicRat on December 12, 2023, 12:29:48 AMYep. At Tottenham last year I was sat amongst a mix of fans and the Packers guus were good people,  plenty good banter during the game.

Not surprising since the type of person that spends thousands in airfare and hotels for a game like this is not your typical yahoo social deviant. I had a similar experience with Red Sox fans at the London game vs the Yankees.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

BluesCruz

Thanks for coming back.  I will not say I told you so.....

Wish that other Packer fan would come by LOL. Yeah Right

Hes licking his wounds somewhere
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Arodgers12

Quote from: T200 on December 12, 2023, 07:29:38 AMThanks for being a stand-up guy. Love had an off night but you guys definitely have a good one at QB.  :ok:
He's ok. He isn't great. We're not making the playoffs.

Arodgers12

Quote from: kartanoman on December 12, 2023, 08:04:04 AMUntil the trails cross again in the future, be well and your boys will bounce back. The Pack has some exciting stars on offense who will one day contend for best in league.

Be well!

Peace!

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs beat us next week.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Arodgers12 on December 12, 2023, 10:20:49 AMI wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs beat us next week.

Obviously you know a lot more about the team than I do, but I'd be very surprised if that happened. The Bucs aren't good and you guys will probably have Watson and Jones back, right?

From a Packers fan's perspective, last night was an annoying loss as they made a lot of unnecessary mistakes, but they're still right in the running as a dark horse 6 or 7 seed type team and next week is a soft opponent. They'll bounce back.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Arodgers12 on December 12, 2023, 10:19:29 AMHe's ok. He isn't great. We're not making the playoffs.
ARod: If you DO make the playoffs please return here for support from fans of a team that will not. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

BluesCruz

Quote from: Arodgers12 on December 12, 2023, 10:19:29 AMHe's ok. He isn't great. We're not making the playoffs.

I think the problem for you guys is you did not realize the extent the Giants had changed recently when DeVito took over, the Oline stabilized, and the Defense is roaring now.

We faced some tough opponents early on, got a lot of injuries.  our 8 loss record was deceiving

Also the addition by subtraction of Daniel Jones helped a lot.  It took the substitution of Jones by DeVito and to a lesser extent the oft injured Tyrod Taylor to make us realize Jones truly is not a very good starting QB.  All other factors (lineup) being the same it has become apparent Jones was terrible, Tyrod better, and DeVito now gives us a competitive QB.

Management got fooled by Jones close wins with an easy schedule last year and locked him up for 2 yrs paying him big bucks.  Now we have to find some hopeful team who will trade for him and hopefully pick up some of his salary.

The Packers caught us at a bad time for the Packers.  We are re-born with Tommy and that D.   As you saw.

Barkley learns to balance himself and hold the ball tightly and we would have cruised last night
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"