News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Great game

Started by Arodgers12, December 12, 2023, 12:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arodgers12

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 12, 2023, 10:56:41 AMObviously you know a lot more about the team than I do, but I'd be very surprised if that happened. The Bucs aren't good and you guys will probably have Watson and Jones back, right?

From a Packers fan's perspective, last night was an annoying loss as they made a lot of unnecessary mistakes, but they're still right in the running as a dark horse 6 or 7 seed type team and next week is a soft opponent. They'll bounce back.

The Bucs are 6-7 as well. They have a decent offense. We aren't beating them.

Arodgers12

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 12, 2023, 12:20:43 PMI think the problem for you guys is you did not realize the extent the Giants had changed recently when DeVito took over, the Oline stabilized, and the Defense is roaring now.

We faced some tough opponents early on, got a lot of injuries.  our 8 loss record was deceiving

Also the addition by subtraction of Daniel Jones helped a lot.  It took the substitution of Jones by DeVito and to a lesser extent the oft injured Tyrod Taylor to make us realize Jones truly is not a very good starting QB.  All other factors (lineup) being the same it has become apparent Jones was terrible, Tyrod better, and DeVito now gives us a competitive QB.

Management got fooled by Jones close wins with an easy schedule last year and locked him up for 2 yrs paying him big bucks.  Now we have to find some hopeful team who will trade for him and hopefully pick up some of his salary.

The Packers caught us at a bad time for the Packers.  We are re-born with Tommy and that D.   As you saw.

Barkley learns to balance himself and hold the ball tightly and we would have cruised last night

You guys will probably make the playoffs over us.

MagicRat

Quote from: Arodgers12 on December 12, 2023, 05:17:34 PMYou guys will probably make the playoffs over us.
I'd bet good  hard-earned, currency that's not the case.
Smell my cheese you mother!

Arodgers12

Quote from: MagicRat on December 12, 2023, 05:21:29 PMI'd bet good  hard-earned, currency that's not the case.

You will. We're not making it. Minnesota will fall apart.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Arodgers12 on December 12, 2023, 05:16:47 PMThe Bucs are 6-7 as well. They have a decent offense. We aren't beating them.

They're a Florida team coming to the frozen tundra. They have a negative point differential on the year playing in the worst division in football. You guys are the favorite. You're going to be fine. You're not losing at home to Baker Mayfield.

Arodgers12

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 12, 2023, 06:07:37 PMThey're a Florida team coming to the frozen tundra. They have a negative point differential on the year playing in the worst division in football. You guys are the favorite. You're going to be fine. You're not losing at home to Baker Mayfield.
The Bucs are just as good as us. We will find a way to choke as usual.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Arodgers12 on December 12, 2023, 06:57:52 PMThe Bucs are just as good as us. We will find a way to choke as usual.

I hear you but let's face facts here: nobody is beating the 9ers this year if they're healthy. Including in the AFC.

The rest of the league is just swimming in their wake. They are several cuts above. So none of this really matters that much this year.

Arodgers12

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 12, 2023, 07:21:50 PMI hear you but let's face facts here: nobody is beating the 9ers this year if they're healthy. Including in the AFC.

The rest of the league is just swimming in their wake. They are several cuts above. So none of this really matters that much this year.
Eagles or the Cowboys are close behind them.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Arodgers12 on December 12, 2023, 09:19:20 PMEagles or the Cowboys are close behind them.

They just completely eviscerated the Eagles 42-19 in Philly. Beat Dallas even worse earlier in the season. They're simply on a different level.

Arodgers12

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 12, 2023, 09:26:18 PMThey just completely eviscerated the Eagles 42-19 in Philly. Beat Dallas even worse earlier in the season. They're simply on a different level.
You guys are always on a different level than us too. We can't beat you guys. You beat us in the playoffs twice. I remember you guys beat us 14-7 and knocked Farve out of the game too. You guys have damaged us lol.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Arodgers12 on December 12, 2023, 09:50:08 PMYou guys are always on a different level than us too. We can't beat you guys. You beat us in the playoffs twice. I remember you guys beat us 14-7 and knocked Farve out of the game too. You guys have damaged us lol.

ARod: Sadly for the Giants, there are not many other teams whose number we seem to have. The only other one that occurs to me off-hand is the Commanders. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Arodgers12 on December 12, 2023, 09:50:08 PMYou guys are always on a different level than us too. We can't beat you guys. You beat us in the playoffs twice. I remember you guys beat us 14-7 and knocked Farve out of the game too. You guys have damaged us lol.

True although the last time we met in the playoffs you shredded us pretty badly.

Pack had won three straight prior to playing us and I think they just had a rough night with the turnovers and what not. I would expect them to play a lot better on Sunday, and if they get Watson/Jones back that's only going to help things further.

BluesCruz

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 12, 2023, 07:21:50 PMI hear you but let's face facts here: nobody is beating the 9ers this year if they're healthy. Including in the AFC.

Dave We hung with the 49rs to late in the 4th qtr with DannyDimes at QB this year
Tommy will eat them up

Its Philly and Dallas we have to take a bite out of.  Payback is a Bxxxxx

If the Giants win out I believe our chances are good

Id like to see Daboll finally turn DeVito loose this Saints game and have us bury a team for a change.  All these heart attack games are playing with fire
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

DaveBrown74

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 13, 2023, 10:58:38 AMDave We hung with the 49rs to late in the 4th qtr with DannyDimes at QB this year
Tommy will eat them up

Care to make a friendly wager on that?  :)

MagicRat

Quote from: Arodgers12 on December 12, 2023, 05:17:34 PMYou guys will probably make the playoffs over us.
Quote from: MagicRat on December 12, 2023, 05:21:29 PMI'd bet good  hard-earned, currency that's not the case.

Well, @Arodgers12 I hate to say I told you so.....

I'm not an arrogant man, I'd never presume to speak for anyone.
But I think I speak for Giants nation when I say -
GO PACK GO!!!!
Smell my cheese you mother!