News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Rewatching the Packers game TommyD looked like a 5 year vet commanding the O

Started by BluesCruz, December 14, 2023, 08:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

He was making all the pre-snap calls and hand gestures that reminded me of Eli.

He is a very well prepared QB.

Also the podcast guys were commenting on his obvious confidence and quick release and knowledge of where the defenders are and where they are going.  Daboll has prepared DeVito very very well

He showed pocket awareness and escape footwork that he had not shown to that degree previously. Unlike Jones who has speed but no moves, DeVito jukes like a RB.

In an interview he also commented on his good relationship with Daniel Jones and that Jones is the 1st to text him congrats after each victory.  With 100 million bucks coming his way I guess Jones is in glide mode.  I know I would be

on to the worlds loudest venue- The Super Loud Dome.  No worries, we will prevail. Again we are 6 point Dogs

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Jclayton92

If there are 6 devito threads on the main page add this thread to one of them instead of creating an entirely new thread

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 14, 2023, 09:41:13 AMIf there are 6 devito threads on the main page add this thread to one of them instead of creating an entirely new thread

It's an endless battle on the board. Certain posters can't help themselves.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

BluesCruz

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 14, 2023, 09:41:13 AMIf there are 6 devito threads on the main page add this thread to one of them instead of creating an entirely new thread

you know if you dont create a thread about some aspect of Tommy it sinks like a rock

Im done with the Tommy threads. Its obvious some people are set in their thinking and unless a QB throws for 300 yds per game hes a bum

Whatever

Jclayton92

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 14, 2023, 03:07:36 PMyou know if you dont create a thread about some aspect of Tommy it sinks like a rock

Im done with the Tommy threads. Its obvious some people are set in their thinking and unless a QB throws for 300 yds per game hes a bum

Whatever
I love the story and like the kid, I am however also able to take the emotion out of it and realize that he's likely a high level backup or bridge starter and that we still need to draft someone. You either have a guy or you don't and currently while a good story I don't think we have that guy. It's my opinion just like you have yours.

BluesCruz

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 14, 2023, 03:20:00 PMI love the story and like the kid, I am however also able to take the emotion out of it and realize that he's likely a high level backup or bridge starter and that we still need to draft someone. You either gave a guy or you don't and currently while a good story I don't think we have that guy. It's my opinion just like you have yours.

yes lets leave it at that and move onto the not so SuperDome...should be a hoot

DaveBrown74

I'm not bothering with predictions with DeVito at this point. I'm just enjoying the fun of it, and whatever he is, win or lose, the bottom line is that right now, he's OUR quarterback.

One thing to remember is the offseason is long. We only have four games left (barring a miracle). The whole saga of our QB situation will be a constant subject here through the dog days of summer. We're pretty much locked out of picking in the top 5 at this point, so I'm really just trying to enjoy the ride right now.