News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Flacco signs with Browns

Started by Fletch, December 14, 2023, 04:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

Great situation for him.  Somewhat similar to the Ravens teams he won a Lombardy with.   Very good defense and OL.  Good TE and running game.  Could use better weapons on the outside, but overall a great fit for him and the team.

Ed Vette

I wonder if Eli ever thought he retired too early.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

You have to respect Flacco. Some probably feel he's clinging. But truth be told he has actually helped some teams in his twilight years. What Brown QB has done better than him this year other than Watson? And Watson's performance was only good in some games, not all.

Obviously you're not winning a Super Bowl with Flacco at this point, but he definitely gives teams a stable veteran presence if their QB goes down. That's more than I can say for some backups (not named Tommy D).

Fletch

Remember he played on the Jets and did not look good. So what is that like 5 QBs? Maybe Zak Wilson is not as bad as every body thinks he is.

TDToomer

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 14, 2023, 05:19:19 PMI wonder if Eli ever thought he retired too early.

He was cooked. No one was signing him except us to back up Jones.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

Quote from: TDToomer on December 15, 2023, 08:51:11 AMHe was cooked. No one was signing him except us to back up Jones.
I'm not as sure about that. He had plenty of arm left, but to your point, he was a competitor and made his decision to leave.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin