News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

A little unsettling the fanbase seems to be taking the Saints a bit for granted

Started by BluesCruz, December 17, 2023, 10:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

1- We never win in the Noise Dome
2- We cannot take any team for granted especially a team we are fighting for the last wildcard spot
3- Tommy cannot continue along with the D to pull rabbits out of a hat
4- The Saints are a decent team

I do expect a win.  By 2 scores but if the team becomes less than urgent as it seems the fans are (just my feeling, not scientific) bad things could possibly happen

Whistling through the graveyard
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Ed Vette

Hedging.  =))

You know if Tommy falls apart you're going to get roasted, right?  :surrender:
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Where has that taken place at? Genuinely curious because I haven't seen a single person discount the Saints. If anything I've seen people acknowledge the GB, Saints, Rams, and Philly stretch as a tough one.

BluesCruz

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 17, 2023, 11:08:42 AMWhere has that taken place at? Genuinely curious because I haven't seen a single person discount the Saints. If anything I've seen people acknowledge the GB, Saints, Rams, and Philly stretch as a tough one.

look around right here
do you see a lot of the usual score predictions?
mention of any saints players that might be concerning?
other than this any posts fretting about the game?

it all just seems to calm. (Calm before the storm?). Are the Giants and their fans looking to the Eagles?

As for your comment Ed. Im on the DeVito bandwagon  The more I find out about his lifelong coaching and his confident persona the less I'm concerned

Joe Montana
Dan Marino
Tommy DeVito the next Italian Stallion?

Common factors

- winning
- toughness
- super quick release
- catchable balls with air under them on target
- calmness and confidence

Marino was a little more enthusiastic, and Marino probably had more velocity (not sure)

Im not saying DeVito can be mentioned with these guys just yet (not at all), but what is DeVito's ceiling?
Nobody knows.  One thing is DeVito is far more mobile and a real run threat
Montana and Marino were not mobile.  Marino had 6 knee surgeries

President Rick

derek carr's health and effectiveness is a big factor for saints.   noise and that ugly building will be factors against us.  let's get up early and silence the homies.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

BluesCruz

Ed this is all I could find on the Saints message board.  they are discounting us entirely

"DeVito throws 2+ interceptions to Adebo and Mathieu"

LOL

Ed Vette

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 17, 2023, 11:46:13 AMEd this is all I could find on the Saints message board.  they are discounting us entirely

"DeVito throws 2+ interceptions to Adebo and Mathieu"

LOL
I actually took the Giants in my pools. I was thinking about going with the Jets because of Miami's Oline woes and Tyreek's health but I chickened out.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 17, 2023, 12:40:12 PMI actually took the Giants in my pools. I was thinking about going with the Jets because of Miami's Oline woes and Tyreek's health but I chickened out.
Hill out, took the Jets too.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

BluesCruz

coggs

What is unsettling is the portion of the fanbase that thinks DeVito "led them to victory" each of the past 3 games.  Oh wait, the opponent didnt turn the ball over 3 or 4 times so the Giants can't win?  I mean, both scoring drives needed penalties to extend.  1 was legit (running into kicker).  The personal foul call in the 2nd quarter was terrible.  The official who called it will definitely be downgraded for it.

Jclayton92

Quote from: coggs on December 17, 2023, 04:03:41 PMWhat is unsettling is the portion of the fanbase that thinks DeVito "led them to victory" each of the past 3 games.  Oh wait, the opponent didnt turn the ball over 3 or 4 times so the Giants can't win?  I mean, both scoring drives needed penalties to extend.  1 was legit (running into kicker).  The personal foul call in the 2nd quarter was terrible.  The official who called it will definitely be downgraded for it.
Like I said last week, the coaches were playing Jones ball with Devito, safe throws, running, and letting the DEFENSE win it.