News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Without a doubt, we do not need a quarterback in the draft

Started by brownelvis54, December 17, 2023, 03:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Quote from: coggs on December 17, 2023, 04:25:56 PMLinemen in FA are always going to be overpaid and underperform.  If they were worth the money, their prior team would extend them before they get to FA.
100% agree, I was simply stating that I'd much rather go get our Qb in the draft and worry about linemen either through FA or the draft instead of wasting more and more picks because we aren't taking a chance at getting our guy at Qb.

DaveBrown74

As of right now, and yes it can look different a year from today than it does now, the 2025 QB class does not look like a strong one at all.

Painter

Even though 2024 is thought to be an above average QB Draft with the likes of Williams, Maye, Nix, Daniels, and Penix seen as 1st Round value, we should never forget that the hit/success rate is rarely if ever 100% and often rather less.

It was 2018, the last time, as I recall that we had a major debate here about whom they should take as Eli's successor from among the "lead pipe" top-5 at the time: Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen, and Jackson.. It also is my recollection that the consensus QB choice around here was Darnold with the notable exception of- No, not Gettleman whose head and eyes were on his assumed certain to be HOF Running Back- but rather our own Ed Vette who watched his choice, Josh Allen and the Bills beat the crap out of the Cows today.

And so, even if we later add the then 32nd pick, Lamar Jackson to the success count, I guess we'd still have to think as much about cockups as cocksure.

Cheers!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Painter on December 17, 2023, 07:46:07 PMEven though 2024 is thought to be an above average QB Draft with the likes of Williams, Maye, Nix, Daniels, and Penix seen as 1st Round value, we should never forget that the hit/success rate is rarely if ever 100% and often rather less.

It was 2018, the last time, as I recall that we had a major debate here about whom they should take as Eli's successor from among the "lead pipe" top-5 at the time: Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen, and Jackson.. It also is my recollection that the consensus QB choice around here was Darnold with the notable exception of- No, not Gettleman whose head and eyes were on his assumed certain to be HOF Running Back- but rather our own Ed Vette who watched his choice, Josh Allen and the Bills beat the crap out of the Cows today.

And so, even if we later add the then 32nd pick, Lamar Jackson to the success count, I guess we'd still have to think as much about cockups as cocksure.

Cheers!

As you know and what escapes the masses, no QB will be successful until the Offensive Line is infused with better talent and properly coached. And if a team can't run the ball or protect the QB, that team will be abused by the better teams in the league.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

katkavage

Maybe the Giants don't find their QB in 2024. We just don't know. We do know that until they find a top QB expect more of the same in the years to come.